Need a sweet snack? Check out this Red White and Blue Icing Board! It’s the perfect sweet treat for sharing with family and friends. Easy Red White and Blue Recipes like this are the best!
This can quickly be created for a BBQ, birthday party, baby shower, or anytime the craving strikes! Fun, easy, and patriotic!
Let’s agree that dipping into buttercream frosting is a great idea. I mean – come on! This is a dessert lover’s dream come true!
Red White and Blue Icing Board
You can give this simple dessert so many fun names. Patriotic dessert board, Icing Charcuterie Board – they all work!
But what I love about this easy snack board is how simple it is to make. My boys and I love stacking and gathering all the sweet treats and adding them to the platter.
We’ve made a game out of trying to find new things to add, and I’d say that we’re on a good path! Everyone gets to add their favorites, and then we all get to try them out!
What makes a dessert charcuterie board unique?
A dessert charcuterie board is a trendy twist on the classic meat and cheese board. What makes this dessert board unique is the variety of sweet treats that can be included.
Rather than just crackers and cheese, a dessert charcuterie board can feature an assortment of cookies, chocolates, fruits, and even mini cakes or cupcakes.
The key to a successful dessert board is the balance of flavors and textures.
A good dessert board should include a mix of crunchy, chewy, tart, and sweet items.
Another fun aspect of a dessert charcuterie board is adding personal touches, such as homemade treats or seasonal candies.
Whether enjoyed as a party platter or a special treat for yourself, a dessert charcuterie board is sure to impress and satisfy any sweet tooth.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Patriotic Dessert Board Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making this Patriotic Red White and Blue Snack Board at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Just when you thought you couldn’t think about what to make for dinner anymore, along comes the simplicity of meal planning. Don’t stress out over meals – meal plan instead!
Main Dish: Blue Cheese and Turkey Club Sandwich
Vegetable Side: Creamy Ginger Carrot Soup Recipe
Starch Side: Oven Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Hawaiian Blue Mocktail
Best Snack Board Recipes:
The family will want more of these treats once you make this Easy Charcuterie Board Recipe!
I’ve gathered my top favorites to share with you – and I think you’ll love the flavor options!
Check out this Mermaid Charcuterie Board Recipe! Perfect for mermaid fans!
The little ones will love this Simple Toddler Charcuterie Board!
The adults will get a kick out of this Bloody Mary Charcuterie Board!
Love tailgating? Check out these Football Recipes and whip up a cool snack display!
You can use these Easter Snack Ideas to make a cool charcuterie board!
Everyone agrees that this Cheesecake Charcuterie Board Recipe offers a great variety.
Don’t miss out on the flavor of this Chocolate Charcuterie Board!
What is the most popular fruit to add to a charcuterie board?
When it comes to charcuterie boards, the options for fruit additions are endless. However, one fruit stands out as a clear winner in popularity: grapes.
Grapes come in various colors, adding visual interest to the board, and they pair well with the savory meats and cheeses commonly found on charcuterie boards. Their sweetness provides a refreshing contrast to the saltiness and richness of other items on the board.
I’m also a big fan of adding strawberries and watermelon, too! The options are endless in what you can add!
More Patriotic Recipes:
- 6 ounces of Buttercream Frosting
- Red and Navy Blue Food Gel Color
- Chex Mix
- Shortbread Cookies
- Graham Crackers
- Chocolate Bars
- Red White and Blue Sprinkles
- Split the icing between three bowls. Have one bowl with a little more icing than the other two.
- In the bowls with less icing, add 3-5 drops of the red gel food coloring, and the same for the blue in the other bowl. Mix.
- Put a piping tip inside the piping bag and cut a medium hole to the tip that can fit in the end.
- Add each color of frosting to its own piping bag and secure the open end.
- Grab the charcuterie board and get ready to prep.
- Grab the bag with the red frosting and start at the top of the board. Squeeze it out making a random design.
- Do the same with the white and trace it along the inside of the red trail. The white line should be the thickest of all the frosting lines.
- Do the same with the blue frosting and create a third line below the white.
- You can also make dots of frosting all over the board if you have leftovers.
- Add the snacks. Put the Chex mix and cookies on the outside f the trail.
- Add the strawberries inside the frosting trail but arrange them carefully.
- Add the crackers and other ingredients around the board.
- At the end, put the sprinkles over the board.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 5/25/2023
What other ingredients will you add to this Buttercream Icing Dessert Board?