Don’t miss out on this Patriotic Cupcakes Recipe! It’s the best cupcake dessert recipe for red, white, and blue sweets! Easy cupcake recipes like this are a must!
You can make this during the summer months for the 4th of July or even for a fun summer birthday! Pile high with frosting – and enjoy!
If you’re craving fun and simple cupcakes, don’t miss out on this list. You can easily whip up a batch to share with family and friends – or keep them all for yourself!
Patriotic Cupcakes Recipe
My favorite baking hack has to be using cake mixes for my desserts. It’s a simple way to cut down on the measuring and ensure that all the ingredients are perfectly added.
I use a white cake mix for this recipe because that gives the cupcakes the white coloring to complete the trio of colors. However, feel free to change things up to whatever you’re craving.
My boys are big cupcake fans – and I agree. The soft and fluffy cupcakes paired with the delicious frosting on top make me want to have just one more every time!
What is the trick to having soft and moist cupcakes?
Creating the perfect cupcake with a soft and moist texture can be tricky for many bakers. However, different techniques and ingredients can achieve this desirable texture.
One common trick is to use oil instead of butter in the batter. Oil provides a moister texture compared to butter, which can tend to create a denser cupcake.
Another important step is to make sure that the cupcakes are not overbaked. Overbaking can result in a dry and crumbly texture.
Adding a little sour cream or yogurt can also help maintain moisture in the cupcake.
Lastly, be mindful of the measurements and mixing process of the batter. Overmixing can contribute to a tougher texture, while insufficient mixing can result in an unevenly baked cupcake.
By following these tips and tricks, bakers can ensure that their cupcakes come out soft and moist every time.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Fourth of July Cupcakes Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Homemade Red, White, and Blue Cupcakes at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Now is the time to give meal planning a try! It’s the perfect way to stop stressing over dinner and give yourself time to enjoy the process.
I’ve been meal planning for years, and I love it!
Main Dish: Chicken Pasta Bake Recipes
Vegetable Side: Simple Carrot Salad
Starch Side: Oven Steak Fries Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Raspberry Lemon Sorbet Mocktail Recipe
Best Cupcake Recipes:
Once you make this Delicious Patriotic Cupcake Recipe, why stop? There are so many cupcakes and so little time! I love all the flavor options.
Here are some of my top cupcake recipes I hope you will love!
Bake a batch of these Easter Bunny Cupcakes Recipe for your next Easter gathering.
This Blue Raspberry Soda Cupcake Recipe has the best flavor!
These Kentucky Derby Pie Cupcakes are the cutest! (and so yummy!)
Making Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes are a fun idea for a birthday party!
Oreo fans will love the taste of these Oreo Cookie Cupcakes!
Check out how fast you can make this Delicious Brownie Cupcake Recipe!
Find out the simple step-by-step directions to make this Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe!
How do I freeze baked cupcakes?
When it comes to preserving baked cupcakes, especially when made in large batches, freezing can be a great option.
If done correctly, freezing does not compromise the texture or taste of the cupcakes, making them just as enjoyable as fresh from the oven.
The key to freezing baked cupcakes is to let them cool down completely before packaging them for the freezer.
Once cooled, wrap each cupcake individually in a layer of plastic wrap, followed by a layer of aluminum foil. This double layer ensures no air seeps in, preventing freezer burn and maintaining freshness.
When ready to thaw, slowly bring the cupcakes to room temperature, still wrapped, before unwrapping and enjoying.
With these easy steps, you can enjoy your delectable baked cupcakes even weeks after you’ve baked them!
More Patriotic Recipes:
- Patriotic Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Fourth of July Patriotic Cupcakes
- Sweet and Simple Patriotic Popcorn Snack Recipe
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 egg whites
- 1-2 teaspoons of blue raspberry jello
- Blue Raspberry Flavoring
- 1 1/2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Lemonade Flavor
- Blue and red gel food coloring
- Patriotic sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add cupcake liners to the cupcake pan.
- Add the cake mix to a bowl. Mix in the water, oil, egg whites, and mayonnaise on medium speed.
- Put the mixed batter evenly into three bowls.
- Add red food coloring to one, blue to one, and leave the other uncolored.
- Alternate adding the different colors of batter into the liners until 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter for two minutes until fluffy. Mix in the vanilla and lemonade flavoring. (this is a strong flavor, so 1-2 drops may be enough!)
- Slowly mix in the powdered sugar, one cup at a time—alternate 1 tablespoon and mix until stiff peaks form.
- Diving the frosting into three bowls. Add blue coloring to one, red to one, and leave the other uncolored.
- Put the piping mag into a mason jar. Use a frosting spreader, and add a stripe of red on one side and then another red strip across from it. Repeat with the blue. Then, fill the bag with white frosting.
- Before adding the frosting to the top of the cupcakes, squeeze a little bit out onto a plate until you see all the colors coming out. Frost all the tops and add sprinkles!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 0gSugar: 56gProtein: 1g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 5/9/2023
When will you bake and serve these Festive Cupcakes?