I was trying out recipes for a pink-themed party and decided to make this Pink Puppy Chow. It’s so pinkilicious, I can’t believe I didn’t make it before.
These pink muddy buddies have become my favorite snack when I’m just having a a craving for pink. Since making it for this party, I’ve made them again 3 times. I just love pink so much…so much so that I have
Whether you’re planning a breast cancer awareness fundraiser or walk after-party, pink baby shower, or a kids’ valentines party, this is the perfect snack mix. Heck, even a birthday party for a kiddo that loves pink would probably be a great excuse to make this—er, I mean, it’s a fun idea to have this as a snack. Now, let’s get you making it!
How to Make Pink Puppy Chow
If you’ve never made muddy buddies for a sweet treat before, you you are in for a, well, treat. Not only do they taste like a million dollars, but they’re so easy to make, you’ll be wondering why you waited this long.
To make this, start by melting your candy melts (the two pinks and the white chocolate in separate large bowls). Then, add the Chex cereal and stir until you’ve completely coated the cereal in each colored chocolate.
Now, you can use strawberry cake mix, but I went with straight powdered sugar and some pink sprinkles to make this valentine’s day treat. You just toss that into a zipper bag with your pink Chex mix and shake it around until the cereal is covered.
Pop that in a nice bowl and serve. You could also throw off some large pink candy sprinkles or a few pink candy corns to offset all the Chex mix. But, really, I love a handful of this sweet treat just the way it is!
Seriously, that’s it. You don’t have to do anything else. Isn’t that easy?! It’s an amazing no-bake treat and I just don’t know why I didn’t think of it before. It’s now one of my favorite treats ever. Because, you know, pink.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Pink Puppy Chow Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making Pink Puppy Chow at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Party:
Main Dish: Bacon Cheddar Meatballs
Refreshing Drink: The Best Pink Mocktails for Kids
Best Puppy Chow Recipes:
Once you make this Pink Puppy Chow Recipe, you’ll see how fast this pink sweet snack mix disappears from the party table. But so good, you’ll be ready to make another batch right there and then. Good news for you, I have a ton more muddy buddy recipes you can put out for your hungry guests.
More Pink Recipes:
I’ll be honest, the whole reason I love this recipe so much is it’s innate pinkness. Isn’t pink just fab?! So, I gathered some of the best pink recipes together, because, you know, pink.
- 1/3 Cup of each candy melts: Bright Pink, Pink and White
- 1/4 Cup of powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Pink Spring Sugar
- 8 Cups of Chex cereal
- Place 1/3 cups of Bright Pink candy melts in a microwave safe container. Microwave at half power for 30 seconds, remove container and stir. Repeat this process until all candies are melted. (Be sure to check it regularly, candies will burn in the microwave).
- Add 2 cups of Chex cereal into a bowl. Once candies are melted, pour the melted candy into the bowl with the Chex cereal. Fold until all Chex cereal is coated. (This process may take a few minutes, but the melted candy will coat the Chex cereal).
- Place 1/4 cup of powdered sugar in a gallon ziplock bag and add 1 tablespoon of pink spring sugar. Mix well.
- Remove candy coated Chex cereal from bowl and put into gallon ziplock bag with powdered sugar and pink spring sugar. Seal the bag and shake well. All candy-coated cereal needs to be covered.
- Line a baking tray with wax paper, pour the muddy buddies onto the tray evenly.
- Repeat steps 1-5 with Pink.
- Repeat steps 1-5 for the white EXCEPT, leave out step 4. You do not want pink sugar on the white pieces!
- Allow the muddy buddies to dry completely before combining. Add embellishments (colored candy coated balls) if desired.
- Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g