This Peppermint Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies Recipe is one of my favorite holiday treats! If you love surprise cookies, these are the best! Perfect for a holiday cookie exchange.
The ingredients are simple, and the flavor is out of this world. Everyone will agree that they need this recipe, so be ready to hand it out and share!
The peppermint flavor is one of those winter tastes that we all crave. Fall has pumpkin, and winter has peppermint. It’s just the way that the world works!
These are some of the best peppermint-flavored cookies!
Peppermint Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
I’ve been a fan of stuffed cookies since my very first bite. It’s even better not to tell people that the cookies are stuffed and watch their faces light up!
My boys LOVE these cookies and request them all the time. They’re one of my favorite Christmas cookie recipes to whip up when family and friends stop by the house.
The chew will catch your attention with this easy cookie recipe, but the flavor really stands out. I can’t wait to hear what you think!
What does red velvet taste like?
While it is often regarded as a chocolate cake, some insist it has a distinctive flavor.
What sets it apart is the addition of red food coloring and, in some recipes, a hint of vanilla. The result is a cake with a subtle chocolate flavor balanced with sweetness.
There are many red velvet recipes out there; each one will taste unique.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Peppermint Stuffed Cookies Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Homemade Stuffed Cookies at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Meal planning is a fun and simple way to create meals for the family. Check out my resource, where I make it super simple for you!
Main Dish: Crack Chicken Soup Recipe
Vegetable Side: Thai Sweet Asparagus Recipe
Starch Side: Loaded Baked Steak Fries Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Easy Pink Mocktail Recipes
Best Cookie Recipes:
You will want all the cookies once you make this Peppermint Cookie Recipe! I’ve done the hard work for you and gathered up some of my favorites to try.
This Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe has the best flavor!
I love baking a batch of this Copycat Crumbl S’mores Cookies Recipe!
Peanut Butter Cookies offer an amazing flavor and a simple recipe format.
Reindeer Cookies are a fun and simple dessert. These would be great baking activities with the kids.
Check out this easy Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe! I love making this one during the holidays!
Bake this Lemon Cake Mix Cookies Recipe the next time you crave.
Find out how to make these Heath Cake Mix Cookies! So simple!
How do I freeze baked cookies?
To freeze-baked cookies, allowing them to cool down before storing them is important.
Arrange the cookies in a single layer on a baking sheet and place them in the freezer until they are frozen solid.
Once frozen, transfer them to an airtight container or freezer bag, removing any excess air to prevent freezer burn. Labeling and date the container to keep track of its shelf life is recommended.
When ready to enjoy, thaw the cookies at room temperature for a few hours before serving.
More Red Velvet Recipes:
- Red Velvet Box Cake Valentine Cookies Recipe
- Red Velvet Earthquake Cake Recipe
- The Best Red Velvet Iced Brownie Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter butter, cold cut into slices
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 large room temperature eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp red food coloring (needs to be real red)
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips
White chocolate candy cane balls ingredients:
- 2 cups White chocolate melting wafers
- ½ cup candy cane bits
- ½ cup red decorating sugar
- ½ crushed candy canes
- To make the candy cane balls, add the white chocolate wafers to a microwave-safe bowl and melt for 30 seconds.
- Take out of the microwave, stir, and repeat. Do this until the wafers are fully melted.
- Add the candy cane bits to the melted chocolate and stir.
- Carefully pour the melted chocolate into the silicone mold and then put them in the freezer for 30-45 minutes until they are solid.
- To prepare the cookies, add the butter and sugar to a bowl. Mix on medium speed for 1 minute, then increase to high until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, and mix on medium.
- In a different bowl, add the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, and cornstarch. Whisk.
- Add the red food coloring to the sugar mixture and mix.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low for 1 minute. Increase to medium for another minute or until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add the chocolate chips and white chocolate chips and blend using your hands.
- In a different small bowl, add the red decorating sugar and the crushed candy canes. Stir.
Preheat the oven to 410 degrees and add parchment paper to two baking pans.
- Scoop out the cookie dough evenly, using a cookie scoop. Roll the dough into a ball.
- Place the cookie dough ball on the baking sheet, and repeat until all the dough is used.
Cut each dough ball in half and flatten them. Put them back on the try.
- Take the white chocolate balls out of the freezer and add one ball
Cut each dough ball in half, flatten each of the halves, and place it back on the baking tray.
Remove your chocolate balls from the freezer.
- Place 1 chocolate ball on one of the 1/2 cookie flats, in the middle.
- Place the second half of the dough on top.
- Use your hands to form the dough around the chocolate ball and roll it to make a ball.
- Once done, roll it in the red sugar mixture and then place it back on the baking sheet.
- Repeat until all the chocolate balls are used.
- Bake in the oven for 11-13 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool slightly, and then serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 672Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 269mgCarbohydrates: 91gFiber: 2gSugar: 67gProtein: 7g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 11/17/2023
How many batches of these easy peppermint cookies do you plan to make?