I have mentioned it before, but if you are fairly new here, you don’t know it. I am in the Watermelon Capitol of the World!! Ok, maybe not, but folks come from miles and miles around to eat our sweet and juicy watermelons. Pretty much every male in town has worked at a watermelon farm at some point in their lives – if they are over the age of about 14! I wait every year for Summer so I can start filling my body with this healthy fruit. These yummy and easy watermelon recipes are sure to be a hit in your home!
I must admit, I had never heard of some of these combinations, but then again I had never heard of chocolate and bacon before either, but it is pretty stinking good! So, I am not about to knock these until I try them!
Over 25 Yummy and Easy Watermelon Recipes:
Broken into types to make it easy for you, these easy watermelon recipes will sure temp your taste-buds this summer!
Watermelon Drink Recipes:
- This Watermelon Iced Tea sounds right up this southern girl’s alley!
- I love story behind this Sweet and Spicy Watermelon Gazpacho Mary recipe from REAL, The Kitchen and Beyond
- There aren’t many things better than and iced cold watermelon on a hot summer day, except maybe Watermelon Ice!
- Take number one and add some mint to it… what do you get? Watermelon Mint Iced Tea, duh 😉
- Watermelon Lemonade sounds like the perfect combination of sweet and sour. I love those little candies that are sweet with a slight bite of tang and I bet this would be the same type thing… only in liquid form.
- OOhhh love the idea of a fun and fizzy drink for the kids to enjoy (with a few extra ingredients for the adults to enjoy!). So, I certainly have to put this Watermelon Fizz to the test!
- Do you drink smoothies? Try this Watermelon Blueberry Smoothie next time!
- Or, just keep it simple with a refreshing Watermelon Smoothie like this one from The Bitter Side of Sweet!
Watermelon Salad Recipes:
This set here is where things get a tad odd, but I really want to try them all
- Like sweet and hot at the same time? Try this Asian Watermelon Salad from Feeding Big!
- Tomato, feta cheese, and cucumber combine with watermelon to create this salad of unique flavors!
- This Watermelon Feta Salad is very similar to the above with way fewer ingredients.
- Make your own dressing to serve over this Watermelon Salad.
- Watermelon combined with cucumber seems to be a pretty popular recipe – I am surprised I have never heard of it! Each variation is just slightly different, but enough to create a completely different meal, I am sure!
- This Summery Watermelon Salad from Ashley’s Dandelion Wishes sounds like the perfect treat for any hot summer night!
- Although this recipe looks more like a yummy pizza, the Watermelon Thing is considered a salad!
Watermelon Dessert Recipes:
Aside from the fact that we treat just plain watermelon as a dessert, these will make fun desserts for your next family gathering or just because!
- This Watermelon Cream can be eaten by itself or spooned over just about anything you can image; from pancakes to fruit salad!
- This recipe from Hoosier Homemade is not what you think! These Frozen Watermelon Slices are not slices of watermelon at ALL!.
- Cubed Watermelon, mint, and one other secret ingredient combine to create this yummy and pretty Watermelon Popsicle!
- Do you know what a granita is? Yeah, I didn’t either – but this Watermelon Granita recipe sure makes me want to find out!
- This Watermelon Popsicle recipe is so easy, the kids can do it!
- Enough of the cold, lets switch things up a bit and try these very pretty Watermelon Rice Krispies!
- It isn’t the 4th of July down here without Watermelon – in fact the Annual Watermelon Festival is held this day! Anyway, these adorable Watermelon Pops are sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- Watermelon Cupcakes – You can’t find a fun cupcake recipe much easier than this!
- Have fun making Watermelon Pops of all different shapes with this easy recipe from B-Inspired Mama
- These Watermelon Cupcake Cones are probably the cutest I have seen around the web – seriously!
- Finally, the way we do it down here in the South – Sliced Watermelon with salt – yep! We shake some salt on that watermelon before biting into it. Well, unless we are in the Gulf – then we just kinda dip it into the water while we are eating <– don’t judge! It is oh so yummy! 🙂
More Watermelon Recipes:
The above not enough to satisfy your watermelon cravings? Check out these cookbooks: