Start your day off with this Grinch Caramel Apple Donuts Recipe! They’re sweet, adorable, and loaded with caramel apple flavor! Donuts like this are the best!
If you love fun holiday foods, don’t miss out on these sweet treats. They will fill your belly with goodness and pair perfectly with hot coffee or hot chocolate.
Making your donuts at home means that you don’t have to get into the car and drive anywhere to get them. That’s my favorite type of morning and day! Just bake – and eat!
Grinch Caramel Apple Donuts Recipe
What I love about this simple donut recipe is its layers of fun flavors. The donut batter pairs well with the apple flavoring of the topping. I literally love every bite.
My boys say that this easy donut recipe works well for the fall months and also for the holiday snacking needs as well. I say, why limit it if we don’t have to?
This is fast to make and makes a batch that everyone can enjoy. We eat donuts for dessert in our house, so we love being able to eat this any time of the year!
How do I store baked donuts?
Storage is an important consideration when it comes to baked donuts, as improper storage can lead to unpleasant deterioration in taste and texture.
After the donuts have been baked and cooled to room temperature, they should be stored in a cool, dry place in an airtight container.
Avoid keeping donuts in the refrigerator or freezer, as this can dry them out and cause them to become tough and chewy. It is also important to note that donuts are best enjoyed fresh and are not intended for long-term storage.
If possible, try to consume within a day or two of baking. Properly storing your baked donuts can help preserve their delightful taste and texture for as long as possible.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Mini Apple Donuts Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Grinch Donuts at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Making meal plans isn’t hard to do! You can easily create a meal plan that works for your family’s and meal structure!
Main Dish: Cajun Chicken & Rice Soup Recipe
Vegetable Side: Thai Sweet Asparagus Recipe
Starch Side: Oven Steak Fries Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Pumpkin Pie Mocktail Recipe
Best Donut Recipes:
Once you make this Green Apple Donuts Recipe, work through the list below of other easy options. You can change the flavor to start your day with any desired taste!
This Unicorn Donut Recipe is great for birthday parties!
I love how this Cinnamon Sugared Donut Holes Recipe tastes!
These might be the best Homemade Donuts, ever!
Make these 4th of July Donut Cookies during the summer months.
Pumpkin Spice Donuts are a fun fall flavor that everyone will love!
I can’t wait to hear your thoughts about these Air Fryer Pumpkin Donuts!
These Mardi Gras Cake Mix Donuts are fast and easy to whip up!
Can I freeze baked donuts?
While some may assume that baked goods do not freeze well, the truth is that baked donuts can be successfully preserved in the freezer for later consumption.
It is important, however, to take certain precautions to ensure the best possible quality upon thawing.
To freeze baked donuts, it is recommended first to allow them to cool completely, then wrap them individually in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing them in a freezer-safe container or bag.
When ready to enjoy, thaw the donuts at room temperature for a few hours before reheating in the oven or microwave.
More Grinch Recipes:
- The Grinch Recipes and Activities for Kids
- 25+ Adorably Green Grinch Recipes
- Grinch Popcorn Balls Recipe
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and browned
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple extract
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Green food dye
- Red heart sprinkles/candies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a donut pan with nonstick spray.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on the stove. Let it cook until you see browned bits forming, and you start to smell a nutty flavor.
- Put the browned butter into a mixing bowl and add the brown sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Add the whipped cream and egg and whisk to smooth.
- Stir in the baking powder and flour and whisk. This will form a pancake batter texture and thickness.
- Put the mixture into a piping bag and cut off the end. Pipe the batter into the donut pan cavities, filling 3/4 full.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for 14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- As the donuts bake, make the glaze. Put the powdered sugar in a bowl, and add the heavy cream and apple flavoring. Whisk until smooth. (it will be thick) If it is too thick, add more cream or milk, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Add the green food dye and stir.
- Once the donuts are done baking, take the pan out of the oven and remove the donuts.
- Place them onto a wire cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- After the donuts have cooled, dip the donuts into the glaze and set the donut back onto the cooling rack to firm. Add a red heart on top.
- Let the glaze firm, then enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 0gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 11/10/2023
Will you eat this Apple Donuts for breakfast or dessert?