What are you planning to do with your Thanksgiving Day Turkey leftovers? Giving families an alternative to a hot open-turkey sandwich the National Pasta Association (NPA) has a few recipes for pasta dishes which feature left-over turkey as a main ingredient. These recipes pair protein rich veggies with leftover turkey and pasta – one of America’s favorite foods and are guaranteed to be a family favorite!
- 1 pound Medium Egg Noodles uncooked
- 1 14 1/2- oz. can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 14- oz. can artichoke hearts drained and quartered
- 1 7 1/2- oz. jar roasted red peppers drained and sliced
- 9 Kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain. Stir the broth, milk, salt and cornstarch together in a large pot or Dutch oven until the cornstarch is dissolved. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in noodles, turkey, artichoke hearts, red peppers, olives, mozzarella cheese, wine, lemon juice and pepper.
Heat oven to 350- Spray a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon noodle mixture into dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake until bubbling around the edges, about 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.