Talk about flavor! This Grape Soda Cupcakes Recipe will have everyone grabbing two! If you’re looking to make a cupcake recipe with grape soda, this is it! It makes light and fluffy cupcakes from a cake mix! Be sure to check out all of my cupcake recipes for even more sweet treat ideas!
The delicious grape flavoring is what makes them unique but oh, so addictive! Grab some extra cupcake liners from the store – because you’re going to be making them again really soon!
Let’s just say that the bright purple coloring from the food coloring is one of my favorite parts! They’re just so pretty!
Grape Soda Cupcakes Recipe
When you can mix the cake mix with the rest of the ingredients and have cupcake batter in just seconds, why wouldn’t you? This is a simple baking hack that I’ll do over and over again.
Once we add the batter into the cupcake pans, the boys know that we’re well on our way to snacking soon! This is where they help with making the frosting and adding the food coloring to get it the exact purple color that they’re hoping for!
What other topping can I add besides frosting?
If you’re not a fan of frosting, no stress! You can easily just sprinkle on some powdered sugar and enjoy it as well. It’s your cupcakes, have fun with them.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Purple Cupcakes Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Grape Flavored Cupcakes at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Don’t forget about meal planning! This is the perfect way to create an amazing meal or meals for the week with minimal effort on your part!
Main Dish: Zucchini and Turkey Lasagna
Vegetable Side: Creamy Ginger Carrot Soup Recipe
Starch Side: Oven Steak Fries Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Orange Mocktail Recipe
Best Cupcake Recipes:
Once you make this Grape Soda Cupcake Recipe, you’re going to love this idea! You can easily whip up more cake mix cupcakes or homemade cupcakes right away! Here are some of my other favorite cupcake recipes that I know you’re going to love.
These Orange Cupcakes with Italian Meringue have so much flavor and are amazing!
Everyone in the house asks for this Easy Monkey Cupcake Recipe all the time!
These Ghost Cupcakes are so cute and not scary at all. Perfect for a Halloween treat!
These Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes would be perfect for a birthday party treat!
Trust me – these Oreo Cookie Cupcakes are going to be your new favorite recipe!
The kids are going to go crazy for this M&M Candy Bar Cupcake Recipe!
I love how fluffy this Coconut Cupcake Recipe is!
How do you store leftover cupcakes?
The best way to store leftover cupcakes is to keep them in an airtight container to keep out the air. You don’t have to store them in the fridge, but you can if you’d like.
More Grape Recipes:
- 1 white cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1 ¼-1 ¾ cups grape soda
- grape Jello
- food coloring
- cupcake liners
- 2 sticks softened salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon half and half or milk
- 2 tablespoons grape soda
- Grape Jello
- food coloring (optional)
- piping bag and tip
- purple sanding sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add the cupcake liners to the cupcake pan.
- Mix the egg whites, soda, and oil with a mixer on medium. Add 1/2-3/4 of the jello and a few drops of food coloring and mix. (some people like more or less of the grape flavoring from the jello so add in what you prefer)
- Pour the batter into the liners 2/3 full. Put in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool.
Use a mixer and cream the butter for 2 minutes until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and salt
- Mix in the rest of the jello.
- Add the half and half and soda in a bowl together and mix. (must be a different bowl!)
- In the butter mixture bowl, add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and pour in some of the soda mixture after each cup. Stir. Mix until creamy but don't overmix.
- Add food coloring if you'd like. Pour the mixture into the piping bag and frost the cupcakes. Add sanding sugar and straw.
How soon do you plan on making these sweet treats?