I love this Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes Recipe! They’re not only super fun to make, but they’re awesome to eat, too! When I can make easy cupcakes like this, I’m going to every time!
The fun part about this simple cupcake recipe is that you have serving options galore! Put them in a cone, a bowl, a dish, or whatever you’re craving at the moment.
I like to make these specifically for birthday parties and outdoor gatherings because grabbing the cone and running around is fun. (and the kids like it, too!)
Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes Recipe
The fun part about this recipe is that you eat two treats in one. The homemade cupcakes with the strawberry frosting are one portion, and the ice cream cone is the second.
Don’t forget to add some fun sprinkles and a cherry to complete the sundae look. I’m telling you – these are going to be a huge hit!
The first time I made them, they were gone before I even had a chance to grab one! Crazy, right? They’re popular!
What is the most popular cupcake frosting flavor?
Cupcakes are a beloved dessert that can be found in bakeries, coffee shops, and even grocery stores around the world. And while the cake itself is important, let’s be real, the frosting is the show’s star.
But what is the most popular cupcake frosting flavor? According to experts, vanilla is the clear winner.
This classic flavor complements any cake flavor and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
Other popular options include chocolate, cream cheese, and buttercream. (and, of course, strawberry!)
But no matter which frosting you choose, the best part of a cupcake is always taking that first bite and enjoying the perfect combination of cake and frosting.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Homemade Cupcakes at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
The best part about meal planning is that once it’s done, it’s done. It’s a fast and easy way to stop thinking about what to make for dinner – and look at your meal planning list instead.
Main Dish: Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Vegetable Side: Copycat Chick-fil-A Coleslaw Recipe
Starch Side: Oven Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Cherry Vanilla Soda Fountain Drink Recipe
Best Cupcake Recipes:
Once you make this Cone Cupcake Recipe, your brain will want more yummy recipes! With cupcakes, the options are endless!
Here are some of my top recipes for baking cupcakes – I hope you love them!
This Blue Raspberry Soda Cupcake Recipe has the best flavor!
Check out this Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes Recipe! Perfect for banana fans!
Mini Lemon Drop Cupcakes are the perfect bite-sized dessert!
If you need a homemade frosting recipe, this Buttercream Frosting is the best!
Here is another fun twist to making Cupcakes that look like Ice Cream Cones!
We can’t get enough of the taste of this Sweet and Yummy Strawberry Soda Cupcake Recipe!
I love the flavor and texture of this Patriotic Cupcakes Recipe!
How do I know when the cupcakes are done baking?
Baking cupcakes can be a fun and tasty experience, but determining when they’re done is one of the biggest challenges. A useful tool to ensure your cupcakes are cooked correctly is a toothpick.
Once the cupcakes have been baking for the recommended time, gently insert a toothpick into the center of one of them.
If it comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached, your cupcakes are ready to come out of the oven!
If it comes out with batter, you’ll want to let the cupcakes bake for a few more minutes before trying again.
Avoid over-baking your cupcakes, resulting in a dry and tough texture. With a bit of practice, you’ll be able to perfect the timing for your perfect batch of cupcakes every time.
More Strawberry Recipes:
- Strawberry Cinnamon Roll Casserole Recipe
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Rice Krispies Recipe
- Strawberry Banana Granola Parfaits Recipe
- ½ cup of room temperature butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1½ tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. of baking powder
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- ¾ cup of milk + 2 tbsp.
- 12 regular size ice cream cones
Strawberry Icing Ingredients:
- 1 cup of solid vegetable shortening
- ½ cup of room temperature butter
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. of strawberry extract
- 1 cup of diced strawberries
- 1 drop red food dye
- 2 tbsp. of milk for thinning the frosting, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil a bit bigger than a 9X13-inch baking pan. Put the foil over the top of the pan and then seal around the edges. Cut 12 X's evenly spaced and then put the cones on an X. (this helps them not fall while baking)
- Put the sugar, butter, oil, and vanilla into a bowl. Mix until fluffy and light.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add salt, baking powder, and flour in a different bowl.
- And 1/2 of the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the milk and mix.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour the cupcake batter into each cone, but be sure to stop about 3/4 inch from the top. Add any leftover batter into cupcake liners in a cupcake pan, and bake that at the same temperature as the cones.
- Put in the oven on the center rack and bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- To make the icing, mix the butter and shortening with a mixer until fluffy. Add the strawberry extract and mix.
- Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time and mix.
- Fold in the diced strawberries and then add a drop of food coloring.
- If the icing is thick, you can add some milk to thin it out.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cooled cone cupcakes.
- Top with sprinkles, cookies, candies, cherries, fresh fruit, icing gel, etc.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 641Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 343mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 1gSugar: 43gProtein: 6g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 6/2/2023
What are your favorite toppings to add to Ice Cream Sundae Cupcakes?