Just wait until you take your first bite of these Blueberry Breakfast Bars. There just might not be any better way to wake up and start the day. Packed full of fresh blueberries and sweetened with a crumble topping (but used as a crust!), there’s no way you’re not going to be looking forward to this simple and doable homemade breakfast.
Since these take less than 30 minutes to make, they’re actually really great for breakfast or a snack. Having a great choice for a tasty breakfast recipe is what it’s all about!
Have fun creating this yummy recipe. They just might make you a “morning person” after all.
The bright purple color that this recipe has due to the addition of blueberries really gives them such a pretty look as well. Pair that up with the creamy texture and the oatmeal crumble and you just might find yourself ready to jump in and double the recipe!
Blueberry Breakfast Bars
Combining the ingredients and letting the food processor do a large portion of the work sounds pretty good to me. It’s really quite the simple recipe and we like to make it together as a family. I let the boys take over the part of getting the prepared pan good to go and the rest is just easy from there!
We’re not picking eaters in our house at all but we do have our favorites. My boys love this option for breakfast because they say it “jumpstarts” their tastebuds for the day.
Can you use frozen blueberries for this recipe?
My thought on this is no. And only because frozen blueberries tend to have a ton of liquid in them that seeps out once they start to thaw. Not only will this make your filling have too much moisture and wet, but it will also take away some of that “pretty” factor as well.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Blueberry Breakfast Bars Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following farm decor can be found on Etsy. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Have you ever tried meal planning? It’s a saving grace in my house. Being able to know what is on the menu and letting everyone else know saves so much time, energy, and questions!
Here are some simple recipe ideas and a fun way to show you just how easy meal planning can be!
Main Dish: Crockpot Pork Stew
Vegetable Side: Veggie Stir Fry
Starch Side: Homemade White Bread
Refreshing Drink: Orange Lemonade Mocktail
Don’t forget Dessert: Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcakes
Best Breakfast Recipes:
Once you make this simple Blueberry Breakfast Recipe, you’re going to fall in love with cooking in the morning all over again. Luckily, there are some super simple and delicious recipes below to treat yourself daily.
Healthy Breakfast Smoothies are a great way to give yourself some good fuel to last all day long.
Nutella Croissants are a thing, and you can easily make them at home!
This Breakfast Bowl with Cheesy Grits will have you coming back for another helping.
Looking for a hearty dish? Check out this simple Southwest Breakfast Casserole.
Who says you can’t have pie for breakfast? This Breakfast Pie proves otherwise.
Make your own Ham and Cheese Breakfast Pastry in no time at all!
This Easy Skillet Breakfast is packed full of yummy ingredients that everyone will love!
Is this a frozen breakfast recipe or do you eat it at room temperature?
Let’s just say that it is going to be up to you and your taste buds. Some prefer it to be frozen while others like it to be a little more creamy.
Why not try it both ways and see what you think?
More Oatmeal Recipes:
- 6 cups of blueberry yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 pint of fresh blueberries - rinsed and drained
- 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 4 cups of oatmeal
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Start by lining a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the oatmeal and put it in the middle of the parchment paper. Mix in the honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup, vanilla, and a pinch of salt on the top of the oatmeal.
- Using your clean hands, mix the granola altogether until well blended.
- Once you have it all mixed, take and spread out in a single layer on the parchment paper.
- Put it into the oven and bake it for 10 - 15 minutes, or until the granola is golden brown.
- Once done, take out of the oven and allow it to cool on a wire rack.
- Next rinse the blueberries and let dry.
- Once you've noticed that the granola is cool to the touch (still warm), take and put it in the bottom of a 9X9 pan lined with parchment paper. Press it down so it's even.
- Then, take and place it in the freezer.
- Grab a bowl and put in the blueberry yogurt, vanilla, and 1/2 cup of the blueberries. Then, mix well.
- At this point, take the granola from the freezer, and put the Yogurt mixture right on top of it.
- You should have some blueberries leftover so take and mix them with 2 Tablespoons of sugar and put them on top of the Yogurt.
- Cover with foil and put it in the freezer overnight.
- In the morning, cut into squares and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 33gProtein: 5g
The question now remains…When are you going to make these for your family to enjoy at breakfast?