Who loves soft and fluffy cupcakes? This Blueberry Cream Cheese Cupcakes Recipe is loaded with fresh blueberry flavor and topped with creamy homemade frosting. Sweet desserts like this are what it’s all about!
These are perfect for making when the blueberries are ripe and in season! So much flavor with each bite – and that coloring is gorgeous!
You’re not going to believe the fantastic blueberry flavor of these treats. They’re not only fun to make, but they’re so perfect for the summer months!
Blueberry Cream Cheese Cupcakes Recipe
If you’ve been following my recipe posts, most of you know that I love making cupcakes using a cake mix, but I went a different route for this recipe. Homemade cupcakes for the win!
My boys were so pleased with the flavor outcome that they asked if there could immediately be a round 2! I couldn’t deny my babies, right?!
While the cupcakes are insanely good, don’t skip out on making the homemade frosting. It is one of the biggest stars of this dessert!
How do I know when blueberries are ripe?
Blueberries are a popular fruit enjoyed fresh, in jams, and in baked goods. However, timing is crucial when it comes to picking these delicious berries.
When it comes to blueberries, a few telltale signs indicate they are ripe and ready to be picked. One indicator is color.
Ripe blueberries have a deep, dark blue color that is almost black. They also tend to have a powdery appearance, known as the “bloom.”
Another indicator is firmness. Ripe blueberries should be firm to the touch but yield slightly when gently squeezed.
So, next time you’re out picking blueberries, look for the color and firmness to determine if they are ripe and ready to enjoy.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Blueberry Cupcakes Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Cream Cheese Cupcakes at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
I’ve been planning the meals in the household for years, and it’s such a huge saver of time! If you’re ready to start, join me in the planning fun!
Main Dish: Blue Cheese and Turkey Club Sandwich
Vegetable Side: Copycat Chick-fil-A Coleslaw Recipe
Starch Side: Parmesan Steak Fries with Ranch
Refreshing Drink: Cotton Candy Mocktail Recipe
Best Cupcake Recipes:
Once you make this Homemade Blueberry Cupcake Recipe, take some time to look at some of my other favorite desserts. I can’t believe all the fun flavors!
This Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes Recipe is one of my top favorite recipes!
Check out how easy it is to make this Pina Colada Cupcakes Recipe!
Polar Bear Paw Cupcakes are the cutest cupcakes!
Make these Taco Cupcakes for Cinco de Mayo! They’re so much fun!
Need some Easter cupcake recipes? These are some of the best!
The kids will go crazy over this Adorable and Delicious Octopus Cupcakes Recipe!
Find the time to make a batch of this Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe!
Can I make homemade frosting in advance?
Preparing frosting in advance can be a real game-changer if you’re planning a special occasion or want to save time on a future baking project.
But can you make homemade frosting ahead of time? The answer is a resounding yes!
Not only can you make the frosting ahead of time, but it’s a great idea to save time, reduce stress, and ensure that your frosting is perfectly smooth and spreadable when decorating your cake or cupcakes.
Just follow proper storage guidelines and use the right type of frosting for your recipe, and you’ll be well on your way to delicious homemade frosting without any last-minute hassle.
More Blueberry Recipes:
- Blueberry Cheesecake Popsicle Recipe
- Blueberry Cookie Recipe
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 ⅔ cups of sugar
- ½ cup of softened unsalted butter
- 6 large egg whites
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup of cold milk (whole milk preferred)
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- ½ cup of softened unsalted butter
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Additional blueberries for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add the cupcake liners to a cupcake pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar until combined.
- Add the egg whites, milk, vanilla, and oil. Mix well.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder in a different bowl and whisk to combine.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient bowl. Stir at a low speed for 1 minute, then mix on medium speed for another minute until combined well.
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for 14-16 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool completely.
- To make the frosting, combine the butter and cream cheese and mix. It should be smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla, salt, milk, powdered sugar and mix on low. Scrape the sides and then mix on medium speed for about a minute.
- Add the blueberries. Start with adding one cup and add more if you'd like.
- Transfer the frosting to a pastry bag with a large star tip.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, add the frosting in a spiral motion, starting at the outside edge and working your way in.
- Top with additional blueberries.
The cupcakes be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 160mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 0gSugar: 27gProtein: 3g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 6/16/2023
Will you be making these Blueberry Cupcakes for a special occasion?