Who is enjoying cooking on the grill this summer? And who loves a great shrimp recipe? Whether it’s a great Seafood Gumbo, or shrimp on the grill, we love it at my house!
If you are looking for another great way to serve up your shrimp off the grill this summer, check out this great recipe for Grilled Garlic Shrimp Skewers! This recipe was created by Sarah C using LoSalt, a healthier alternative to salt.
- 1 lb of shrimp, rinsed (increase quantity if you're serving a crowd).
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 2 tblsp butter, melted
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp LoSalt
- Wooden or metal skewers
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 1 hour prior to using.
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil, butter, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the shrimp, and stir to coat. Marinate for 30 ish minutes.
- Put 5-7 on the skewers. Set aside.
- Grease the grill rack, and BBQ at about 375 degrees until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Wait for the shrimp to cool a bit, and then eat!
Check out more of Sarah’s great recipes at her blog, Frugal by Choice!