Chicken Fajita Chili is an easy chili recipe filled with chunks of chicken, veggies and spice. It tastes just like a fajita in a bowl! Make this chili for your next game day party when you’re looking to switch the traditional chili recipe.
The Ultimate Tailgating Party is winding down and it donned on me that I haven’t shared a chili recipe. A tailgating party needs chili!! 3 Boys & a Dog has an easy chili recipe filled with ground beef and beans. I’m pretty sure all of us have our favorite traditional chili recipe. Since this is the Ultimate Tailgating Party, you aren’t going to find the everyday chili recipe here!
Chicken Fajita Chili has all of the same elements of a fajita – chicken, green peppers, red peppers, onions and garlic. All you’re missing is a tortilla! To make this a chili, I added tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, cannellini beans and diced tomatoes. This is an easy chili recipe at it’s best! Saute the chicken chunks, throw everything into a pot and let it simmer for 20 minutes. This might be the easiest game day recipe yet!
One of my favorite things about chili are the toppings! A fun thing to do when you’re tailgating is make a chili toppings bar. What are your favorite toppings? For me, I love avocados, shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro, onions… the list goes on and on! Since this is Chicken Fajita Chili, you’ve got to eat it with chips. For me, it replaces the tortilla… and I also try to turn every meal into a dip recipe.
Easy chili recipes are all over the internet, but I love the creative spin of having a fajita in your chili! What are your favorite chili recipes? Are you a beans or no beans kind of person? Lots of meat or are you more of a vegetarian chili kind of person?? Tell me in the comments section!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- Salt & pepper
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp hot chili powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes chili ready
- 1 (14.5 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups warmed chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- Toppings - cheese, avocados, guacamole, sour cream, chips. Whatever you like!
- In a dutch oven, add 2 tbsp olive oil and let it warm up. Add diced chicken; season with salt and pepper. Saute for 4-5 minutes. Chicken doesn't need to cooked all the way. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add more oil if needed. Saute all of the veggies and garlic for 3 minutes. Add cumin and chili powder. Stir until well combined into the veggies. Add flour and stir for 5 minutes. Pour in tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Stir and work into the vegetable flour mixture. Slowly pour in warmed chicken broth and stir. The chili should thicken up. Add beans. Bring chili to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, add cilantro to the chili. Add your favorite topping and eat!
Are you a fan of tailgating and looking for more easy recipes! The Ultimate Tailgating party has more recipes for you to make at your next game day event!!