Are you looking for a Halloween treat? Check out this Witch’s Brew Black Cupcakes Recipe! It’s a fun holiday treat that is spooky good!
These black cupcakes are a fun way to catch everyone’s attention and leave a dark color in your mouth! The black will surely dye your mouth – but it’s worth it!
It’s not every day that you see cupcakes that look like this! They’re fun, festive, and delicious – the perfect trio for Halloween desserts.
Witch’s Brew Black Cupcakes Recipe
It’s no secret that I use a cake mix for my baking recipes – and I’m obsessed with how simple that makes things to bake. If you’re looking for a fun and easy dessert recipe, you honestly can’t go wrong with this.
My boys love that these cupcakes are all one color – frosting! It’s fun to bring to a party because everyone’s mouths turn colors!
The next time you need to bake up a batch of treats, add these cake mix cupcakes to your list. They’re moist, yummy, and perfectly sweet.
Will black food dye color my mouth?
The answer, unfortunately, is usually yes. Black food dye is made up of a combination of different dyes, including blue and green dyes, and it tends to stick to anything it comes into contact with, including your tongue, teeth, and lips.
While the effect isn’t harmful, seeing your mouth turn an unnaturally dark shade of black can be startling. Luckily, you can use a few tricks to minimize the staining effect, such as drinking plenty of water before and after eating and swishing with mouthwash to rinse away any excess dye.
So, if you plan to indulge in some black food dye treats, it’s best to be prepared and take preventive measures to avoid mouth color mishaps!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Black Cupcakes Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Halloween Cupcakes at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Are you ready to start meal planning? Join in on the planning fun! I’ve been doing it for years, and it’s fast and straightforward!
Main Dish: Creamy Tomato Beef Noodle Skillet Recipe
Vegetable Side: Copycat Chick-fil-A Coleslaw Recipe
Starch Side: Oven Steak Fries Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Easy Pink Mocktail Recipes
Best Cupcake Recipes:
Once you make this Fun Halloween Cupcake Recipe, you will want to make even more. I’ve created a great list of cupcake recipes you must try!
This Shirley Temple Soda Cupcake Recipe is one of the best flavors!
I love how these Easy Halloween Pumpkin Cupcakes look!
Unicorn Poop Cupcake Cones are fun for the kids!
Easter Cupcake Recipes are always a good idea!
These Maple Bacon Cupcakes combine sweet and salty!
If you love desserts, try this Key Lime Cupcakes Recipe!
This Mt Dew Boxed Cake Mix Cupcake Recipe is one of my favorites!
What does sanding sugar taste like?
Sanding sugar is a coarse sugar often used to add a little sparkle to baked goods. It’s commonly used to decorate cookies, muffins, and other sweet treats.
When it comes to taste, sanding sugar is similar to regular table sugar. However, because it’s more prominent, its crunchy texture can give it a slightly different mouthfeel.
If you’re curious about its flavor, imagine the taste of granulated sugar but with a little extra crunch. Some varieties of sanding sugar also come in different flavors, such as vanilla or peppermint, which can add an extra layer of flavor to your baked goods.
While the taste of sanding sugar may not be drastically different from regular sugar, its texture and appearance make it a fun addition to any dessert.
More Cake Mix Recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake Mix Muffins
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Cake Mix Waffles Recipe
- What You Can Do With a Wilton Cupcake Stand
- 1 box of devil’s food cake mix
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1/3 cup pure canola or coconut oil
- 3 large eggs whites
- 1-3.5-ounce box of chocolate fudge pudding
- 1-2 tablespoons activated charcoal powder
- 2 cups of softened salted butter
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons activated charcoal powder
- 2 tablespoons special dark cocoa powder
- Black food coloring gel
- Black sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add the cupcake liners to the pan.
- Add the cake mix and chocolate fudge pudding to a mixing bowl.
- Add the oil, water, and eggs. Mix with a mixer at medium speed.
- Add the batter into each liner, about 2/3 full.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool entirely before adding frosting.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter until fluffy. Add the vanilla.
- Slowly alternate and add the powdered sugar and cocoa powder, one cup at a time, until creamy and form peaks.
- Add the chocolate syrup and activated charcoal until mixed well.
- Add the frosting into a prepared piping bag and then frost the cupcakes and top with the sanding sugar.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 416Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 301mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 0gSugar: 33gProtein: 2g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 9/29/2023
Do you plan to add any sprinkles to these Halloween Cupcakes?