This low calorie sweet & sour, sesame chicken & broccoli stir fry recipe came to me from Minnie! I love to open my inbox and find yummy sounding, low calories recipes from her and you guys do too! Here is the message that accompanied her recipe:
*We just finished eating this tonight—it was absolutely fantastic! We both decided we didn’t need to adjust one single thing in the entire recipe. We had Spicy Cauliflower with Sesame Seeds & Ginger to go along with it and Super Healthy Sesame Wild Rice. A few Green Beans left over from last night rounded it all out! And we are looking forward to Strawberries (they were on sale this week) with Fat free Reddi-Wip for our dessert later on this evening. Yummy! ~Minnie
Low Calorie: SWEET & SOUR SESAME CHICKEN & BROCCOLI STIR-FRY
The products mentioned in this recipe can be found here:
- Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce Mix, 2.125-Ounce Packages (Pack of 24)
- Ty Ling Sesame Oil, 6-Ounce Glass (Pack of 6)
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of oil (coconut sesame, olive,
- or vegetable oil)
- ½ cup red or yellow onion diced
- ½ cup celery diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper julienne strips mixed red, yellow, & orange
- 1 cup carrots sliced or shredded
- 1 cup broccoli florets either frozen or fresh
- ¼ cup sweet and sour sauce I used Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce
Cube chicken into desired chunks and set aside.
Heat oil, over low heat (I used TyLing Naturals Pure Sesame Oil, because that is what I had in my pantry. )
Add onion & celery, and cook until tender, stirring often.
Add sesame seeds and chopped garlic, stir to mix together, turn up heat to med-hi, and add chicken.
Stir-fry until chicken is thoroughly cooked, then add bell pepper strips, carrots, broccoli florets, and sweet and sour sauce. Stir and turn down heat to low.
Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes until vegetables are soft and tender.
*I add a tablespoon of water or chicken broth, if it begins to get a bit dry while cooking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 5gSugar: 11gProtein: 38g