This recipe takes tons of different ingredients, but it is so worth it! As with all stir fry recipes, the Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry Recipe can be made to order.
The only necessities are the shrimp & asparagus. Everything else is 100% up to you and your taste buds.
As you can see by my bowl in the image above, I tend to pick most of the items out. LOL!
This stir fry meal is a great way to use up leftover shrimp from our Grilled Shrimp Skewers recipe, too!
Grilled Garlic Shrimp Resources:
The following items are affiliate links on Amazon because I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we use.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped asparagus
- ½ cup chopped broccoli
- ½ cup whole snow peas
- ½ carrot, cut in thin strips
- ¼ cup water chestnuts or jicama, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Preheat a large skillet (or wok) on very high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and flour. Set aside.
- Add the sesame oil and vegetable oil to the hot skillet.
- To the skillet, add asparagus, broccoli, snow peas, carrots, water chestnuts, red bell pepper and mushrooms.
- Saute until vegetables are warmed through.
- Using a spatula, move the vegetables to one side of the skillet. Pile the shrimp in the other side of the skillet and cook 2 minutes. Flip the shrimp and then pour the soy sauce mixture on top of the vegetables and shrimp.
- Let sauce come to a boil and thicken.
- Toss everything together so that the sauce coats vegetables and shrimp. The shrimp will be cooked by this time.
- Remove from heat. Serve immediately over rice.
This recipe can also be made with beef, chicken, tofu, etc…but it was absolutely delicious using the shrimp.
More Delicious Stir Fry Recipes:
Over 25 Stir Fry Recipes
Asian Beef Noodle Bowl Recipe