This Lemon Blueberry Buttermilk Bread recipe has such an amazing flavor. Packed full of fresh blueberries with a dash of lemon zest, you’re going to be devouring piece after piece.
Just follow the simple recipe below to have it turn out great! Add this to your list of easy blueberry recipes!
This just might be the tastiest blueberry bread that you’re going to make. Trust me on this, it’s just that good.
While this is a bread recipe, it really does have the taste and tenderness of a loaf cake. And who says you can’t eat it that way? Slice it thin or cut it thick and enjoy this beautiful bread recipe any way that you’d like.
Lemon Blueberry Buttermilk Bread Recipe
Making this delicious bread recipe isn’t hard, but there are a few things to keep in mind. Make certain that you’re gently folding in the blueberries so that the coloring doesn’t bleed throughout the whole bread and pour the batter evenly into the pan so that it makes your loaf as level as possible. Besides that, this recipe is easy peasy.
Since we have quite the large appetites in our house, one loaf honestly isn’t ever enough. This is such a simple recipe to double, you can easily make up 2 loaves so that you don’t have to worry about running out!
Should you use frozen blueberries for this recipe?
I’m actually not a fan of using frozen blueberries when fresh ones are an option. The reason for that is because frozen blueberries will continue to release liquid as they thaw and this will make your bread become soggy and probably not even end up baking properly either.
Here’s a tip if you simply must use frozen blueberries. Grab a Ziploc baggie and add 1 tablespoon of flour and 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar. Shake well, then add the frozen blueberries and shake well. This extra powder will absorb the liquid produced when they defrost!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Lemon Blueberry Buttermilk Bread Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following farm decor can be found on Etsy. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Lemon Blueberry Bread recipe at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Do you find the thought of meal planning being hard and not something to easily accomplish? Check out this sample meal plan below that will give you a ton of great ideas!
Main Dish: Baked Chicken and Pasta
Vegetable Side: Veggie Cheddar Quiche
Starch Side: Onion Mashed Potato Casserole
Refreshing Drink: Carrot Milkshake
Don’t forget Dessert: Taco S’mores Rice Krispies
Best Bread Recipes:
Once you make this homemade bread recipe, you’re going to want to be doing more. There really isn’t anything quite like homemade bread…so here are some of the best homemade bread recipes that will give you an awesome taste and flavor!
Check out this list of Cake Mix Bread recipes! So many great choices to choose from!
This Easy Pumpkin Bread recipe is such a great taste and flavor for fall!
Wait until you try this Holiday Spoon Bread! It’s the perfect addition to any meal.
Oh, wow. This Maple Glazed Pumpkin Bread literally tastes like cake!
You’re not going to want to miss out on this Skinny Strawberry Bread recipe.
Red Velvet Bread just might be your new favorite treat.
Hawaiian Bubble Bread is such a great addition to any time of the year or day!
Does this recipe have lemon juice in it?
There is lemon juice in both the flour mixture and the glaze mixture. It is not something to skimp on. This is what gives it that tangy taste that screams summer!
I’ve made it before without adding it in and while it’s good, I love the added taste of lemon too much to leave it out again.
More Lemon Recipes:
- 1 and 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. of vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons of freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon of flour
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Make certain that you spray a 9x5 loaf pan so the bread doesn't stick.
- Next, you're going to whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder together. Once done, set aside.
- Grab a large bowl and work on mixing the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Once that is mixed well, start to slowly add a little of the flour mixture then a little of the buttermilk. Keep alternating until it is mixed well. Make certain that you stop mixing as soon as it's all combined.
- Next, take and wash off the blueberries and drain. Add 1 tablespoon of flour to the berries and toss gently. The flour coating will help to keep them from sinking to the bottom of your loaf pan and having them all on the bottom level.
- Add the berries to your mixture and fold gently. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for
- Add berries to the mixture and gently fold them. Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake ñ minutes.
- Set on a cooling rack until cooled.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients and drizzle over the bread. It will harden some as it cools.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 482mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 3g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 6/6/2020
Have fun making this delicious recipe! How do you plan on baking it up and surprising your family with it?