Last week, we had an awesome time learning about the skeletal system! We are super excited about the muscular system this week, aren’t you? As with last week, we aren’t getting into the scientific names of the muscles, but are learning what they do for the body.
I use the Homeschool Tracker Plus to keep organized. I have the download, but it appears as if they now have an online version.
Our Homeschool Subjects:
- Miscellaneous Activities – We will be watching this video each day. We will also be doing some Isometrics work during the day as part of our physical education to “work our muscles”.
- Art –
- Reading – We are reading My First Encyclopedia, and Mini Books from Scholastic.
- Personal Care – This is bathing, eating, brushing teeth and the like.
- Handwriting – Over the next 26 days, we are doing a quick reinforcement of the alphabet. Thomas has super horrible handwriting so before we can move on to cursive, we need to clean up his print a bit. So, we are doing the Alphabet Activities worksheets from TLS Books.
- Spelling – muscle, relax, strength, move, skeletal, smooth, heart, breathe, biceps, triceps – used the word search maker for one day
- Bible – We are reading a couple pages at a time of Great Bible Stories For Children
- History/Social Studies – We are using Scholastic Success with Maps Grade 2 for the next couple weeks. We will also learn about
- Language Arts – We are using Spectrum Language Arts Grade 3, but also doing this Muscle-Themed worksheet from Scholastic printables.
- Math – Still working on multiplication tables using Math Aids. This week we are adding Multiplication by 2s.
- Science – We are using several websites for science (basically the whole week is science ;-)) Biology for Kids,
Note: the above items are strictly for the stuff we are doing right now. As we do different studies, we will use different products. We are also using Brain Pop Jr, Easy Science for Kids, and Help Teaching to complete this week’s unit.
Lesson Plan – Learn the Muscular System
Now that you know all the stuff we are using this week, here is our schedule – if you click the image, you can download a printable of it.
Have fun! After this week, we are moving to Space – we were supposed to do Charlotte’s Web, but he requested planets!
More Educational Resources for Third Graders:
The Skeletal System – 1 week Unit Study
Bible Verse Cursive Writing Worksheets