Many Homeschoolers are struggling to get by on one income and many of us have large families. As we all know, homeschooling isn’t cheap and can be down-right expensive.
That is why I have compiled all of the homeschooling freebies (and cheap deals) resources together into one place. Bookmark it, it changes!
How to find the Best Homeschooling Deals:
When budgeting for homeschooling, there are many things to keep in mind. Hopefully, the following tips (and homeschooling freebies) will help you stay within budget for your next homeschool year.
Tip Number One: Homeschooling Freebies
I recently compiled my holiday themed freebies into one great homeschooling freebies resource page organized by Season and Event. As I add more, this page will grow. So, be sure to bookmark it!
The Old Schoolhouse Freebie Directory is a must-have in anyone’s bookmark list. (Better yet, just bookmark my site and you can find all the links at once)
This Spelling Curriculum for Third Grade is a work in progress, but it can help you get started.
Freebies for Preschoolers:
Don’t forget about the little ones! I have lots of printables for preschoolers at 3 Boys and a Dog like:
Free Trials & Gifts with Purchase:
I am able to create complete units around a free trial! Sign up for the following free trials, and either remember to cancel before your time is up, or extend it for a month or two if you are really loving it!
Sign up and receive FREE 7-Day Trial of Britannica Kids
Order your first two Puzzle Buzz books now for FREE plus $2.98 shipping and handling! You’ll receive 3 more books about every three weeks for just $5.65 per book, plus $2.98 shipping and handling. There is never any obligation to buy and you may cancel at any time and return any shipment at our expense. Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed!
Join the Dr. Seuss™ & His Friends book club today and receive Welcome Package with 5 storybooks for just $5.95 plus a FREE Dr. Seuss™ & His Friends Activity Book. Shipping is FREE. More details can be found here.
Sign up and Try Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read today for 30 days for FREE, just pay shipping.
Order World Book Fundamentals of STEM for only $1 and receive 2 books that introduce your kids to fun and easy-to-understand Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math topics.
Order World Book Independent Reading Club for only $1 and receive 2 books that help your child develop the skills and confidence to read independently.
Tip Number Two: Watch for Deals & Giveaways
Don’t limit yourself to traditional homeschooling and school supply deals. There are many places that have amazing deals. This means more email, but it doesn’t take long to work through email! If you get all the right emails, you can stay on top of sales and clearance – allowing you to save hundreds of dollars each year on your homeschooling adventures!
- The Dollar Tree always has awesome goodies that can be used in your homeschool. If you Sign up and join the Value Seekers Club, you can get access to members-only contests, money-saving party ideas, crafts, recipes, exclusive product sneak peeks & more.
- Sign up for the Early Bird Books newsletter and receive free and discounted ebooks for Kindle, Nook, or any other Ereader.
In addition to this site, where I bring you many homeschooling and homemaking resources for busy folks like us, I also have a few Facebook groups where we share even more!
- Simple Easy Recipes for Busy Moms – Share recipes, find recipe in this group. We also have occausional giveaways, daily questions, and suggested resources in this group. With about 1400 members, this group stays pretty active.
- Homeschooling Freebies – **brand new group – will kick of a regular program when we reach 100 members! Spread the word so we can get started!
- Homemaker Accountability Club – Facebook Group with a daily accountability thread, weekly bonus housekeeping tasks, and occasional giveaways.
Tip Number Three: Buy all Year
Know where the best sales happen and keep your eyes open for them. Don’t need that new history program this year? Buy the next level up and save it for next year… especially if it is 90% off! Here is a list of homeschool/educational places to do some shopping.
- ABC Mouse
- ClickN READ & ClickN SPELL
- Discount School Supply
- ECMD – Early Childhood Manufacturers’ Direct
- Hooked on Phonics
- LittlePim.com Language Education for ages 0 – 5
- SmileMakers: Reward, Motivate, Educate
- Teacher Created Resources
- The Old Schoolhouse Store.com
Tip Number Four: Get and Stay Organized
Finding an organization method and system that works best for you and your child can be hard! If you find that your day-to-day seems to lack a bit of structure, there are ways to get it on track.
Think of other homeschool methods and structures that you’ve viewed and enjoyed. How has their structure been and how does their day function? While each method may be different, the basis of balancing the homeschool day is quite similar.
Being an organized homeschool parent doesn’t have to be expensive! There are ways to find homeschooling freebies, printables, and programs that can easily help you plan you and your child’s day, for free – or close to it!
Looking for a few great printable options for your homeschool planner?
Give a few of these a try. Not only will they help get you organized, but they will also help you be able to reflect on your schedule from weeks in the past in case you need to try to remember something. Talk about handy!
- If you are looking for printable calendars that break down the day-to-day, week and month, these calendar printables from The Homeschool Mom are perfect for getting organized.
- From ABC to ACTS has printables that can help any homeschool parent become organized in this chaotic world. Seriously, there are printables for everything, ranging from tracking field trips, daily logs, grades and goals that staying organized as a homeschool educator has never been easier.
Looking for a few other planner options? Check out these other great sites that offer amazing options for printables as well to help keep your day organized:
The best part? They are all different from one another, and all free! Finding ways to stay and keep organized doesn’t have to break the bank.
There are a ton of great homeschooling freebies and resources out there that are available and updated quite frequently to use, so why pay for anything else?
Don’t forget to join our homeschooling newsletter to be informed each time we put out a new homeschool themed article. Plus, get a free Texas State Unit Study in the process!