One of the easiest and most epic treats for halloween are these Easy Halloween Jello Jigglers. Kids love making them–and playing with them, too!
If you’re looking for more amazingly yummy halloween treats, be sure to check out these 13 Spooky Treats–they’re sure to please all your little ghouls and ghosts.
If you’ve never made jello jigglers don’t be intimidated by the idea of making these easy Halloween Jello Jigglers. They’re very simple and I think that even the most un-skilled beginner can make a jiggler without breaking a sweat.
How to Make Halloween Jello Jigglers
The basic overview for how to make jello jigglers is this:
- Combine your dry gelatin mixes with your cups boiling water (do not add cold water like you would with regular jello). That means pouring the gelatin into the water, not pouring the boiling water into the orange flavor jello. Got that?
- Then you stir and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved. If you can’t get it all the way dissolved and it’s got bits stuck to the edge of the bowl, don’t panic. Just don’t (DO NOT) leave that jello in that bowl. Transfer it into your pan. Never, ever leave jello in the bowl with the goo on the sides–it will be gross jello if you do.
- Chill the jello for at least 3 hours or until firm. Don’t even bother breaking out the halloween cookie cutters until the jello is firm all the way through.
- Before you start cutting, take a moment to dip bottom of pan in warm water for 15 sec, and your cookie cutters, too. This will help the jello separate from the bottom of the pan and make your cuts cleaner.
Tips for Serving Jello Jigglers
Now, when you serve jigglers to kids, I have a few words of advice: Jigglers can be messy–they’re just ridiculously fun. So, I have some rules when I serve jigglers up.
First, children should always be seated and supervised when jigglers are served. Unless the jigglers are to be eaten/played with outside where I don’t have to worry about grape flavored gelatin leaving a pretty purple stain on my rug.
Second, for children 4 years of age cut jigglers into small bite sized pieces so they don’t choke on them. Because they aren’t a “food” and they aren’t a “drink”, I won’t even serve jello at all to kiddos under the age of 2. So, there’s that. Children under 5 or 6 should always be supervised while eating jello. Again, it’s a weird substance, so they’re not always 100% sure what to do with it. And it’s messy. Soooo messy.
Specialty Ingredients and Resources:
The following ingredients and resources are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Make it a Meal:
Main Dish: Chicken Tortilla Soup
Vegetable Side: Simple Carrot Salad
Starch Side: Sweet Potato Steak Fries
Refreshing Drink: Candy Apple Mocktail
Best Halloween Recipes:
Once you make this Halloween Jello Jigglers Recipe, your kids are going to think you’re the coolest ever. They’ll slurp all these silly halloween treats up in minutes, so you’re going to need more halloween snacks to keep ’em fueled. So definitely check out these other halloween recipes that are sure to please.
More Jello Recipes: (ingredient)
- 2 3-ounce boxes orange Jello
- 1 cup water
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Prepare a 7X11 (two-quart) baking dish by spraying the pan with nonstick cooking spray. Wipe the excess spray from the pan with a paper towel to prevent bubbles in your Jello jigglers.
- Place water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the stovetop and stir in both packages of orange Jell-o. Whisk until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish. Use a toothpick to pop bubbles on top, then place pan in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours (or up to overnight).
- When ready to make the Jello jigglers, fill the sink with a thin layer of warm water. Place the chilled pan in the warm water for 10 to 15 seconds. Then, place your cookie cutters in the warm water to warm them before cutting your shapes.
- Cut out each Halloween shape using a cookie cutter.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 13Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 0g