These Fourth of July Patriotic Cupcakes are a great way to tie in the red, white, and blue. Making up a batch or two for the 4th of July is a simple way to have a delicious cake mix dessert without all the fuss. Such a simple cupcake recipe.
No matter if you’re heading out to a fun BBQ party or staying at home, making up these red, white, and blue cupcakes needs to be on your radar. They’ll be the hit and are fun and festive as well.
You’re gonna love this Americana cupcake recipe. It’s one that we’ve made time and time again, and it’s a family favorite for sure.
There’s just something about fluffy, sweet cupcakes that will draw you in every time. Trust me on this one…these homemade cupcakes are so good. (and you can even make them cake mix cupcakes if you’re running low on time!)
Fourth of July Patriotic Cupcakes
The sweetness of taste that comes from mixing together the white batter and then baking these cupcakes is really, really good. And then adding on the frosting with the piping bag is a great way to have the family join in on the fun as well!
My boys love cupcakes and anytime they know that these are going to happen, they’re in the kitchen ready to help so that we can get them baked even more quickly!
How long does it take to let them cool completely before adding on the frosting?
You’ll have to check them and see but a good guess would be about 20 minutes or so. This way the frosting won’t melt off once you add it on!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Fourth of July Patriotic Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Red, White, and Blue Cupcakes at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Meal Planning doesn’t have to be hard or stressful. Take a peek at a sample meal plan below and see how easy it can really be!
Main Dish: Grilled Pizza Recipes
Vegetable Side: Healthy Salad Ideas
Starch Side: Boiled Potatoes
Refreshing Drink: Pink Mocktails
Best Cupcake Recipes:
Once you make these beautiful Patriotic cupcakes, why stop there? My house is crazy about cupcakes so here are some other great cupcakes desserts that you can easily whip up.
Owl Cupcakes are not only cute but they’re also totally tasty as well. Great for a fun weekend at home or even a baby shower idea.
Green Velvet Cupcakes are really fun to make and who doesn’t love this bright color green?
Don’t miss out on these awesome Carrot Cake Cupcakes! So full of taste!
We’re all about cupcakes all times of the year and these Easter Cupcake ideas rock!
Your kids are going to go bananas for the colorful surprise hidden in these 4th of July Jello Cupcakes from Fat Dad Foodie!
Champagne Cupcakes are a fun way to say “cheers” and celebrate the day!
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcakes have an amazing flavor and taste and are so chocolatey!
Can you use a boxed cake mix besides making your own homemade white cake mix?
Of course! Just choose a flavor of cupcake that you’re looking for and buy that boxed cake mix instead. You don’t have to have just white or vanilla as your choice at all.
The store has so many other options for adding a tasty flavoring to your cake batter. Just know that you may night have white cake batter any longer depending on your choice but that is totally fine!
More Patriotic Recipes:
- Patriotic Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- 4th of July Cookie Dough Dip
- 4th of July Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- • 8 oz butter
- • 1 c granulated sugar
- • 2 large eggs room temperature
- • 2 tsp lemon extract
- • 1 ½ c all-purpose flour
- • 1 ¾ tsp baking powder
- • ½ c milk
- • 1 c butter softened
- • 4 c powdered sugar
- • 2 tbsp milk
- • 1 tsp lemon or vanilla extract
- • Red and blue gel food color
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees
- Next, use the cupcake liners and line the pan.
- Add in the butter and sugar into mixing bowl and mix until creamy.
- Next, you're going to mix in the eggs, one at a time
- Once the eggs are mixed, mix in the vanilla extract
- Grab a separate bowl, and start to combine the flour and baking powder. Once that is done, add the mixture to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Then, add in the milk and blend well.
- Start to spoon the batter into the muffin cups. But only fill to ¼ inch from the top.
- Put in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Once they are done baking, remove them from the pan and let cool on a wire rack
- Grab a large mixing bowl and cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy
- Once that is done, take and add in the extract and mix
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar, mixing on medium speed
- Then, it's time to add in the milk and blend well
- Take and divide the icing into three bowls. Also, remove and set aside about ¼ cups of icing from each bowl for the white stars.
- Next, you're going to add in the blue food coloring to one of the larger bowls and then also add in the red food coloring to the other.
- Once that is done, take and fill one of the piping bags with blue and the other one with red.
- Attach to the multi-color coupler according to the instructions that are listed on the package. Once done, take and pipe the multi-color swirl and have fun!
- With the white icing, put it into a piping bag and add a star on top of the cupcakes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 604Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 362mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 1gSugar: 60gProtein: 4g
Are you going to make these Fourth of July Cupcakes for your holiday celebration