You won’t believe the flavor of this Orange Cranberry Scones Recipe. So much citrus goodness in every bite. Perfect for adding to your list of Sunday Brunch Recipes!
Scones are a great way to start the day and pair them with your favorite cup of coffee or tea. These are also super delicious gifts for Mother’s Day!
When it comes to baking homemade scones, it doesn’t have to be hard! This simple scone recipe proves that anyone can make and bake their scones.
Orange Cranberry Scones Recipe
I think that using cranberries in baked goods is underrated! Not only are they sweet, but they have the perfect tartness to them as well.
That sweet tart flavor paired with the texture of the scone has everyone in my house asking for them. I love how fast and simple I can make this scone recipe, and it’s quicker when other people help out in the kitchen.
We have made this recipe for breakfast, brunch, and family gatherings. It’s the perfect snack to enjoy, just like it is.
What toppings pair well with scones?
Scones are more versatile than many people give them credit for! Whether you prefer a sweet or savory scone, an endless array of topping combinations perfectly complements whatever flavor you choose.
Many classic butter and jams pair beautifully with scones, as do cream cheeses and sweetened ricotta.
Try combinations such as goat cheese and roasted vegetables, smoked salmon and cucumber, or a smash of avocado alongside crumbled bacon for a heartier snack.
Topping your scones with something simple like sliced almonds or chives can also provide great results if you’re short on time.
No matter your preference – traditional, innovative, or somewhere in between – there’s sure to be the perfect combination of toppings to satisfy your scone cravings!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Cranberry Orange Scones Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Citrus Scones at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Meal planning is the perfect way to stop stressing over what to make. If you’re like me, sometimes you get in a rut. I’ve found that meal planning helps me easily get through that rut!
Main Dish: Ham Salad Sandwich
Vegetable Side: Simple Carrot Salad
Starch Side: Oven Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe
Refreshing Drink: 18+ Delicious Easter Mocktails
Best Breakfast Bread Recipes:
Once you make this Breakfast Scones Recipe, it’s time to start thinking about all the other types of bread you can make and serve in the morning.
I’ve gathered some of my favorites full of yummy tastes and ingredients. Try them all, and let me know which ones are your favorite!
Everyone in my house loves this Banana Chocolate Chunk Muffins Recipe!
If you love scones, make these Mouth-Watering Copycat Starbucks Treats! There are so many yummy options here.
This Muffin Mix Recipe makes it easy to make muffins anytime you want!
These Veggie Cheese Muffins would be great to make for brunch.
I love this Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffin Recipe during the fall months. Perfect for pumpkin fans.
You might become a morning fan when you make this Banana Bread Recipe.
Pour a cup of coffee and enjoy this Delicious Mandarin Orange Muffins Recipe!
When should scones be eaten?
Scones are a delightful sweet or savory snack that can be enjoyed at any time of the day. Although they are often associated with afternoon tea, they can be creatively used in various recipes.
Satisfying as a breakfast treat spread with jam and butter, scrumptious accompaniment to soup or salad for lunch, and a delightful reward after an enjoyable meal – scones are perfect for just about any occasion.
Even more remarkable when served warm from the oven, scones should always be eaten with friends and family for a delightful experience.
More Cranberry Recipes:
- Cranberry Orange Cupcakes Recipe
- Orange Cranberry Oatmeal Recipe
- Amazing Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (½ stick) cold unsalted butter
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh or frozen chopped cranberries
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Zest from 1 chopped orange
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
For the drizzle:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt to a food processor. Add the cubed butter and pulse. It should like a bit like sand.
- Whisk the heavy cream and egg together and then add to the food processor. Pulse until it forms a dough.
- In a different bowl, add the chopped cranberries and sugar. Add the orange zest and nuts to combine.
- Add the dough to the bowl, then press the nuts and fruit into the dough.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions and then press into a 6-inch circle. Cut each one of the circles into six wedges and put the wedges on the baking sheet.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes. They should be golden brown.
- Let them cool, and then make and add the glaze.
- To make the glaze, mix the orange juice and the powder sugar. Drizzle over the top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 178mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 3/31/2023
Will you add jam or butter to the top of this Cranberry Scones recipe?