This Cheese Pretzels Recipe is a great way to make homemade pretzels at home. Perfect for game day, holiday treats, or even as a simple way to make a fast and easy snack. For more yummy dishes, I have this list of Appetizers that are perfect for any gathering!
Don’t forget to double or triple the batch if you’re going to feed a crowd. Since this recipe is so simple, it’s a fun and easy way to try something new and share that flavor with others.
The fluffiness of this cheese pretzel recipe is so good! I love pulling off the pieces and eating them.
My kiddos love dipping them in sauces and trying out different flavors. I gobble it down and then want more!
Cheese Pretzels Recipe
Once you make pretzels once, you’re going to really love the process. It smells so good, but it’s also fun to make these pretzels.
Get the family involved and see who can twist the pretzels. They can make their pretzel from start to finish and have fun in the entire process!
Who says that pretzels have to be hard to make? This recipe is simple and easy to do, and I love seeing them grow to twice their size in the oven!
How do I know if yeast is still active and good to use?
Knowing whether yeast is still active and good to use is important in making baked goods. To determine if yeast is alive and active, mix it with warm water and a pinch of sugar.
If the mixture starts to foam or bubble, this is an indicator that your yeast is still viable. In addition to being foamy, a desirable smell should also emanate from the mixture.
If you don’t notice either of these signs after ten minutes, it’s likely that your yeast has gone bad or was stored incorrectly and should not be used.
However, while this is certainly a quick test for assessing the state of dry yeasts, it should not replace the expiration date listed on the package, as this will give you a more accurate understanding of how long your yeast may remain active.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Cheese Soft Pretzel Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Homemade Pretzels at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Do you know how I keep my stress levels down? I meal plan, so we all don’t have to think about dinner!
I swear, it’s the easiest thing to do, and I love it! I no longer dread figuring out what’s for dinner!
Here is a simple way to meal plan and a great way to get started.
Vegetable Side: Roasted Eggplant Dip Recipe
Starch Side: Parmesan Steak Fries with Ranch
Refreshing Drink: Paloma Mocktail Recipe
Don’t forget Dessert: Cream Soda Cupcakes Recipe
Best Appetizer Recipes:
Once you make this Easy Soft Pretzel Recipe, keep that creative food-making mind going and try some of these other delicious dishes.
Here are some of my favorite appetizers and starters you can easily make today!
Whip up this Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Ball Recipe for a great starter! Grab the chips and crackers.
Now is the time to make this Honey BBQ Chicken Wings recipe!
These Sausage Balls are simple to make with just 4 easy ingredients.
Check out this easy Pizza Dip recipe! Perfect for a quick snack.
Even picky eaters will love these Kid-Friendly appetizers!
My family goes crazy for this Frank’s RedHot Kickin’ BBQ Stuffed Potatoes recipe.
Try something new and make this Quick Ground Turkey RoTel Recipe!
What are good dipping sauces for soft pretzels?
Soft pretzels are a classic accompaniment to any meal, but they can be taken to the next level when you have interesting dipping sauces.
Popular choices include cheese sauces, such as queso or nacho cheese sauce, which bring a creamy and tangy flavor that pairs well with the salty taste of the pretzel.
Experienced foodies suggest dipping them in honey-dijon mustard to amplify their savory character and put an inviting spin on the snack.
Honey mustard is also an excellent choice, often providing a subtle sweet counterbalance to soften some saltiness.
Even more unusual options can include pesto, giving the pretzel a nutty richness with an Italian twist that will make your guests delighted and want more!
More Pretzel Recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Pretzel Bites Recipe
- Christmas Pretzel Sticks Recipe
- Apple Spice Pretzels Recipe for Fall
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Yeast
- 1 cup of Warm Water (between 90-110F)
- 1 Tablespoon of Melted Butter
- 1 teaspoon White Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup of Shredded Cheese
- 2 cups Water
- 4 Tablespoons Baking Soda
- Flaked Salt/Kosher salt
- Mix the yeast, warm water, sugar, melted butter, and salt. Stir and let the yeast activate and bubble for 5 minutes.
- Add the 2 1/2 cups of flour plus 3/4 cups of cheese. Stir.
- Add more flour as needed to make a dough.
- Put the dough on a clean surface and knead it for 5 minutes.
- Place the dough back into the bowl and cover it with a clean kitchen towel. Put the bowl in a warm place in the kitchen, and let the dough rise for 20 minutes. It should be doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil on the stove, and then dissolve the baking soda. Take off the heat and let the water cool to just warm.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces and then shape it into pretzels.
- Roll each portion into 1-inch thick ropes. Make a u-shape, grab both ends, and twist them twice at the top. Invert the twisted edges toward the bottom of the created u-shape, and press the dough together to hold.
- Put the pretzels in the warm baking soda water and time it for 2 minutes. Remove and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Add the remaining cheese on top and then bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 2373mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 9g
Are you going to dip these cheese pretzels or enjoy them just like they are? There’s no wrong way to eat them!