When planning a family vacation to the Smokies, you will find plenty of kid friendly things to do in Pigeon Forge. No matter what type of entertainment your kids enjoy, from theme parks to speed parks to mountain parks, Pigeon Forge offers something for everyone.
Top 10 Kid Friendly Things to do in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
1. The Island in Pigeon Forge is a new walkable shopping and entertainment complex with affordable choices for entertainment, dining, shopping and lodging. The Island is a one stop in Pigeon Forge for affordable family fun including a shopping and entertainment complex, dancing fountains, ropes course and the amazing Great Smoky Mountain Wheel.
2. If you have more than a day to spend in the Smokies, you cannot miss Dollywood Theme Park and Dollywood Splash Country. Dollywood is an Appalachian theme park and water park, with its own resort and spa on the property owned by Dolly Parton. The 150 acre theme park hosts a wide variety of rides, shows and attractions, while the 35 acre water park provides seasonal splash fun. It really is impossible to see it all in just one day. Check out the website and plan several amazing days of fun and excitement.
3. Pigeon Forge is home to many go-kart tracks, the best of which is The Track. The track is a sprawling, multi-level family fun center with race track, arcade games, mini-golf & bumper cars. The Track’s signature Wild Woody elevated go-kart track is the main event.
4. If you cannot drive through Pigeon Forge without seeing the Comedy Barn. The large red barn is home to Pigeon Forge’s largest family-friendly comedy variety show featuring performing animals, magicians, jugglers, ventriloquists, live gospel and country music & more. The show at the Comedy Barn is consistently voted the best family show in the Smokies.
5. If you are looking for a load of family fun that comes with dinner, Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede is the place for you and your family. Kids of all ages can eat a huge meal while they watch thrilling horse riding stunts, with amazing special effects as a part of a phenomenal musical production. All of this is served up with a healthy dose of friendly North and South competition.
6. After dinner, take a ride on the Pigeon Forge Fun Time Trolley and see the rest of the town. The trolley has six routes that cover every major district of Pigeon Forge. You can park your car and ride without worrying about traffic while you take in the sights of the city. During the holiday season’s Winterfest, evening trolley rides are scheduled and routed specifically to see the light festival. Make reservations in advance through the website to guarantee a ride during peak seasons.
7. Take the Gatlinburg trolley route up the spur to the Welcome center that is just a short ride to Ripley’s Aquarium in the Smokies. Ripley’s Aquarium is a huge state of the art aquatic facility housing over 10000 exotic sea creatures in 10 themed galleries. The kids will love the interactive exhibits where they can actually touch horseshoe crabs and even stingrays! The shark exhibit and mermaid shows offer fun for boys and girls alike.
8. Parents can feel good about spending hours playing with their kids inside the amazing upside down house known as WonderWorks Pigeon Forge. WonderWorks Indoor Amusement park, is one of the best Pigeon Forge attractions with over 35,000 square feet of “edu-tainment.” It is truly an amusement park for the mind with more than 100 hands on exhibits that challenge the mind and spark the imagination. Your kids never had so much fun learning!
9. If you want an entire vacation under one roof, Wilderness of the Smokies is your ideal Smoky Mountain destination. The Wilderness is not only a luxurious family resort with multiple shopping and dining options. It also houses Tennessee’s largest indoor water park. Your children will enjoy splashing in the waves no matter the season at the Wilderness of the Smokies. In addition to the water park, the Wilderness also offers an amazing family adventure center. The family adventure center includes a 3 story ropes course, multi-level laser tag, black light mini-golf, mega arcade and more! There is something to keep everyone busy for days at Wilderness of the Smokies.
10. The All Day Play Pass for Nascar Speedpark is described as the best deal in the Smokies. One play pass gets you access to eight go-kart tracks, two mini golf courses and ten family thrill rides in addition to the on site events for the day. Start early in the morning or show up after dinner and play until midnight in the well lit complex.