If you’re homeschooling kids of multiple ages, it can be hard to keep everyone busy while you’re teaching a lesson. This is doubly true if you’re homeschooling preschoolers! Little kids need a lot of activity and entertainment to stay occupied and, when you’re trying to teach older children, you just don’t have the time to provide it!
Fortunately, there are some really simple boredom buster preschool activities that are easy to set up and fun enough to keep your preschoolers happily occupied during a homeschool lesson! Try these fun activities with your preschoolers during your next homeschooling day!
Need more tips for preschooling at home? Try these big and small activities for preschoolers, activities for the book If You Give a Cat a Cupcake, and dinosaur learning ideas!
Boredom Buster Preschool Activities:
- Dinosaurs Preschool Cutting Practice – These preschool printables feature scissor skills worksheets with a fun dinosaur theme!
- Letter of the Week Crafts – Letter of the week is a homeschooling lesson plan that helps preschoolers learn about a different letter of the alphabet each week. Here are crafts for all 26 letters!
- Animal Preschool Math Worksheets – It’s never too early to learn math! These preschool math worksheets have fun animal pictures kids will love!
- Preschool Calendar Pages – Work on learning how to read a calendar, recognize days of the week, and more with these calendar printables!
- Preschool Pirate Unit Study – Even preschoolers can participate in unit studies! Make learning about pirates fun for little kids with this homeschool unit!
- Preschool Circle Time Notebook – Circle time is a nice way to begin a day with preschoolers and older kids. Here’s how to make a circle time notebook for your preschooler!
- Preschool Sight Word Activities – Help preschoolers learn to read sight words on their own with these fun activities!
- Preschool Alphabet Book – Make a preschool alphabet book that kids can work on while your older kids are studying!
- Preschool Playdough Center – Nothing says fun like playdough! Learn how to set up a preschool playdough center that your little ones can play in during a lesson!
- Cool Math Games for Preschoolers – These fun preschool math games are awesome for keeping kids entertained while learning!
- Color Changing Sensory Bottle – Have a toddler sitting in? Make this sensory bottle for quiet play in the homeschool room!
- Ocean Animals Preschool Writing Practice – When your preschooler is ready to practice writing, grab these ocean animals writing printables for them to use!
- Yoga Gross Motor Cards – Check out these fun movement cards for the kids!
Preschool Boredom Buster Resources:
Want even more ideas to bust boredom for your preschool kids? Try these affiliate resources from Amazon!
Thursday 30th of March 2017
Besides a lot of these working for my 4 year old now, I'm sure these will come in handy in the future once my younger daughter stops taking naps and me and the big one are trying to do school stuff. ;)