Learning to read is an important part of child development. Even in preschool, kids can get a jump on reading skills by working with Dolch Sight Words.
Sight words are words that don’t follow traditional phonics rules. So since kids won’t be able to sound them out phonetically, they’ll have to memorize them so they can read them by sight instead of sound.
This page is full of Dolch sight words preschool reading help for your kids!
List of Preschool Dolch Sight Words:
Preschool Dolch Sight Words Worksheets:
- Week One – Words 1-10 – a, and, away, big, can, come, down, find, for, funny
- Week Two – Words 11-20 – go, help, here, I, in, is, it, jump, little, look
- Week Three – Words 21-30 – make, me, my, not, one, play, run, said, see, the
- Week Four – Words 31-40 – blue, red, three, to, two, up we, where, yellow, you
- Week Five – Words 41-50 – all, am, are, at, ate, be, black, brown, but, came
- Week Six – Words 51-60 – did, do, eat, for, get, good, have, he, into, like
- Week Seven – Words 61-70 – must, new, no, now, on, our, out, please, pretty, ran
- Week Eight – Words 71-80 – ride, saw, say, she, so, soon, that, there, they, this
- Week Nine – Words 81-90 – too, under, want, was, well, went, what, white, who, will
- Week Ten – Words 91-100 – with, yes, after, again, an, any, as, ask, by, could
- Week Eleven – Words 101-110 – every, fly, from, give, giving, had, has, her, him, his
- Week Twelve – Words 111-120 – how, just, know, let, live, may, of, old, once, open
- Week Thirteen – Words 121-130 – over, put, round, some, stop, take, thank, them, then, think
- Week Fourteen – Words 131-140 – walk, were, when, always, around, because, been, before, best, both
- Week Fifteen – Words 141-150 – buy, call, cold, does, don’t, fast, first, five, found, gave
- Week Sixteen – Words 151-160 – goes, green, its, made, many, off, or, pull, read, right
- Week Seventeen – Words 161-170 – sing, sit, sleep, tell, their, these, those, upon, us, use
- Week Eighteen – Words 171-180 – very, warm, wash, which, why, wish, work, would, write, your
- Week Nineteen – Words 181-190 – about, better, bring, carry, clean, cut, done, draw, drink, eight
- Week Twenty – Words 191-200 – fall, far, full, got, grow, hold, hot, hurt, if, keep
- Week Twenty-One – Words 201-210 – kind, laugh, light, long, much, myself, never, only, own, pick
- Week Twenty-Two – Words 211-220 – seven, shall, show, six, small, start, ten, today, together, try
Extra Dolch Sight Words Preschool Reading Help:
Using the flashcards and worksheets from weeks 1-4 above, you can have fun with any of these games below!
- Ghost Zappers
- Sight Word Play with Toys
- Snowball Fight
- Number Words
- Sight Word Soccer
- Kinetic Sight Word Activity
- Light Saber Practice
Plus, I found this video to help your kids practice their sight words!
Dolch Sight Word Games & Books:
Here are a few of my top picks to help you reinforce the sight words to your kids!
- Meet the Sight Words Easy Reader Books (set of 12 books)
- Zingo Sight Words
- Sight Words Games & Flash Cards vol 1: Kids Learn to Read