Are you going shopping on Thanksgiving & Black Friday so you can stay home on Saturday and watch the Iron Bowl online? This year’s Iron Bowl is predicted to be the most watched game in SEC History… are you going to be watching #4 Auburn take on #1 Alabama? For the 2nd time in history, Alabama and Auburn are both in the Top Five – the stakes are high! Not only will only one State of Alabama team get bragging rights for a year, but the Championship is on the line as well!
So, if you are gearing up for the biggest game ever you need some snacks to sustain the crew… however, you don’t want to fill up the fridge even more. So, here are some Iron Bowl Food Ideas Using Thanksgiving Leftovers that won’t yield a ton of extra leftovers!
Leftover Turkey Sandwich Recipes:
Don’t just have the guys eat cold turkey on bread! Mix things up with one of these yummy sandwiches!
More Iron Bowl Food Ideas Using Thanksgiving Leftovers:
- Take the leftover mashed potatoes and fill up some Potato & Cheese Perogies!
- You could also just thinly slice some of the leftover meat and chop some cheese to create any combination of meat & cheese platters!
- Make a Turkey & Stuffing Casserole
- Instead of making Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip, exchange the chicken for shredded Turkey!
- Leftover Cranberry Sauce? No problem! Have an ice cream bar and make it one of the toppings or create sweet mini cranberry muffins!
- You can always make some deviled eggs to have something new but that won’t give us leftovers!
Who do you think is going to have a good weekend, Nick Saban or Gus Malzahn? Personally, I will be shopping but you can bet I will be tuned into the game!