Do you have a recipe that is always a huge hit when you make it? This Rotel Dip with Hamburger Meat recipe is one of those. It’s stinking easy to prepare and people always go nuts over it. I’ve been making it for years. This is like a queso, but we have always called it Rotel Dip, so that is the name I am using here. 🙂 This recipe uses the mild Rotel diced tomatoes but you can always kick it up a notch with the medium or hot versions.
My 3 boys have big appetites so I like to make hearty dishes that will fill them up. This recipe is great for summertime cookouts, football parties, or just because. During busy sports nights, this is the perfect meal to pop in the microwave and serve up. The savory cheese and mild tang of the RoTel is a winning combination. The ground beef is a bonus! Try this recipe at home and your family will be begging for more.
This recipe can use Make Ahead Ground Beef for even faster preparation. Make it as an appetizer when you are cooking so the family stays out of your way!
If you like this rotel dip with hamburger, you will probably love these 15 Recipes Using Rotel!
The following ingredients contain affiliate links – they are to help you find the ingredients and what they look like. 🙂
- Ro-Tel Diced Tomato Mild
- Velveeta Cheese
- Tortilla Chips (these are my favorite chips for Rotel Dip!)
- 1 – 2 lbs Velveeta
- 1 can mild Rotel (put into blender/food processor until almost smooth)
- 1 lbs browned, drained hamburger meat (or make ahead ground hamburger meat)
- Cube velveeta into large microwaveable container.
- Add blended rotel.
- Microwave on high, stirring frequently until all melted.
- Add meat and serve with tortilla chips.