Satisfy your taste buds and set your metabolism on fire with this delicious Keep it Clean Tilapia recipe!
Cayenne, ginger and mustard are three ingredients that help you burn fat just by eating them!
Tilapia is highly valued as a seafood source due to its many beneficial qualities, which are attributed to its wealth of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, including significant amounts of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, phosphorous, potassium, vitamin B12, niacin, vitamin B6, and pantothenic acid. Get even more information on the health benefits of Tilapia.
I am not a big Paleo person, heck not even a big healthy eater. I like junk food, fried foods, greasy burgers, and sweets. However, every so often I find that I need a good purge of my system and refuse to do any fad diet mess. So, I break out some fish and create a clean eating recipe that is perfect for jump-starting my system.
This clean eating tilapia fits the bill!
This clean eating Tilapia is a healthy main dish that allows you to either up your calorie count in your side dishes and dessert, or just stay on a healthier kick with these pairings
Don’t forget dessert!
My Clean Eating Picks:
The following Etsy (aff link) products are designed to help you on your Clean Eating journey!
Did you know that you don’t have to just use Tilapia for this recipe?
If you have a favorite fish that you prefer, it will work well for it, too! Salmon, tuna, even ground mullet, or fresh water catfish would be great with the delicious spices in this clean eating recipe.
The only thing that might not work well is a soft fish like white trout. However, if you try it, I would love to hear how it goes.
I find that soft fish tend to fall apart a bit, so you might not get a pretty fillet like you would with a fish that has tougher meat, but it will still taste just as yummy!
More Yummy Tilapia Recipes:
Resources for this Recipe:
- Beyond Gourmet Unbleached Parchment Paper, 71-Square Foot Roll
- Sea Best All Natural Tilapia Fillets, 16 Ounce
- Tilapia Recipes – 50 Flavorful Tilapia Recipes – Tips in Making Homemade Tilapia Recipes
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine olive oil, garlic and seasonings.
- Dip each filet into the seasoning and place it on the baking sheet.
- Pour any remaining seasoning over the filets on the sheet and place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes until fish flakes easily.
*Note: unfortunately, I used foil instead of parchment paper the first time I made this. The fish stuck to the foil pretty badly and made kind of a mess, so I made sure that I used parchment paper this time…and had no problems at all.
*This is pretty spicy as directed…cut back on spices for less daring taste buds.