**NOTE FROM KELLI: This is my #1 most popular recipe on this site! Be sure to go see the rest of the top ten most popular recipes at Southern mom Cooks!
From Minnie: Satisfy your taste buds and set your metabolism on fire with this delicious recipe! Cayenne, ginger and mustard are three ingredients that help you burn fat just by eating them!
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 tilapia filets, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine olive oil, garlic and seasonings.
- Dip each filet into the seasoning and place it on the baking sheet.
- Pour any remaining seasoning over the filets on the sheet and place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes until fish flakes easily.
*Note: unfortunately, I used foil instead of parchment paper the first time I made this. The fish stuck to the foil pretty badly, so I made sure that I used parchment paper this time…and had no problems at all.
*This is pretty spicy as directed…cut back on spices for less daring taste buds.
More Yummy Tilapia Recipes:
Resources for this Recipe:
- Beyond Gourmet Unbleached Parchment Paper, 71-Square Foot Roll
- Sea Best All Natural Tilapia Fillets, 16 Ounce
- Tilapia Recipes – 50 Flavorful Tilapia Recipes – Tips in Making Homemade Tilapia Recipes