In our house, we love Tilapia recipes. The flavorful veggies in this tilapia dish are what really add that zing!
The combination of roasted vegetables, lemon juice, and olive oil in this Baked Tilapia with Tomatoes recipe creates a flavorful dish that is also healthy.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
We also like to substitute this fish for White Trout or Salmon on occasion, depending on the season.
- 5 pieces of Tilapia
- ½ pound of cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 3 T Olive Oil (split)
- ½ C fresh basil (torn to pieces)
- ½ C fresh parsley (torn as well)
- ¾ Large Black Olives (cut in half)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ⅓ C Capers (rinsed)
- Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a 9x13 deep baking dish, put 1 T olive oil, cut tomatoes, cut olives, rinsed capers, basil (reserve some for topping after cooked), and parsley (reserve some).
- Bake for 13-15 minutes
- While the veggies are baking, prepare the dressing: lemon juice, remaining 2 T of olive oil, and pepper. Set aside
- Remove roasted veggies from oven and move them to the side of the pan so that the Tilapia can rest directly on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Top the fish with the vegetables and pour the dresing on top.
- Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until the fish is done.
- Top with reserved basil and parsley.
More Tilapia Recipes: