Chef Regi Hise of Emmi Roth USA, the US division of the premium Swiss Dairy company, is sharing some recipes that are full of flavor and sure to be a hit this summer with your friends and family.
To start things off, let’s try out Black Cherry Yogurt and Granola Pie, then be sure to check back in next week and I give you the recipe for Swiss Cheese Sliders!
- 2½ cups of granola, plain
- 4 Tablespoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Emmi Swiss Black Cherry Yogurt
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tablespoons of powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 9” pie plate
- 14 ounces fresh sweet cherries or canned
- To strain the yogurt, place ½ cup of Emmi yogurt in a strainer over a bowl and allow it to refrigerate for 1 hour. This will drain out unnecessary liquids.
- In a food processor, pour in 1½cups of granola, sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Grind this mixture until it is in fine crumbs.
- Once it is in crumbs, add in butter and pulse it to combine.
- Then add in the remaining granola and pulse the mixture into coarse crumbs.
- Place the granola mixture into the bottom of pie plate and press it firmly into the sides and then into the bottom to fill the plate.
- Put the crust in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow it to cool.
- Once cooled, bake the crust at 350º for 10 minutes.
- When the crust is done baking, allow it to cool completely before filling it with the pie mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the softened cream cheese for about 2-3 minutes on medium speed or until really smooth.
- Once the cream cheese in smooth, add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix together on medium speed until completely combined.
- Take the strained yogurt out of the refrigerator and add it to the mixing bowl. On a low speed, combine the ingredients together, but make sure not to overbeat the filling.
- Scoop the filling into cooled crust and spread it out evenly.
- Place plastic wrap directly over the pie and chill in the refrigerator for 6 hours.
- Once the pie is done cooling, take the canned or fresh cherries (drain if canned, but do not rinse) and place on top of pie.
**reprinted with permission from Emmi Roth USA!