I love 5-ingredient crockpot recipes but sometimes I don’t even have time in the morning to set the crockpot! Luckily I have a few 5-ingredient recipes like this Crab & Corn Casserole that can be ready in 10 minutes or less – without a crockpot!
Crab & Corn are a classic combination – just think of crab cakes – and they are that perfect mix of sweet and meaty to really round out a simple meal.
You can add rice or pasta to this dish; I went with pasta because it cooks a bit faster, but you could always use an instant rice to speed things up.
The Parmesan cheese removes any need to add salt to the final dish, but if you use a different cheese (like cream cheese or Mozzarella) be sure to add a touch of salt to help bring out the flavours of this casserole.
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn kernals
- 1-10 oz can crab meat
- 2 cups uncooked pasta
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon butter or olive oil, optional
- Add the olive oil or butter to a frying pan over medium heat.
- At the same time, place the pasta in about 5-6 cups of water and place over high heat. Cook until el dente (cooked but still a bit chewy) and drain the water out.
- Once the butter has melted in the frying pan, add the corn and crab meat. Cook until the crab meat is slightly browned and the corn is fully cooked, about 6 minutes.
- Add the crab and corn to the cooked pasta, and add in the cream and cheese. Set over low heat and allow the cream and cheese to blend into a creamy sauce, stirring occasionally.
- Season if desired, and serve.
Do you have a favourite 5-ingredient recipe on busy weeknights?
Check out some of my other quick weeknight supper ideas: