These peppermint bark brownies are a from-scratch recipe that I love making around the holidays. Scratch that–any time of year, these are a wonderful minty treat!
Seriously, the kids love eating these and I love making them. It’s a really easy recipe and all that mint with chocolate? My kryptonite. Make certain to check out our other homemade brownie recipes, too!
Oh, brownies are YOUR kryptonite and you’re just here for all the best brownie recipes ever? Well then, be sure to check out these 20 Brownie Recipes for a Crowd that you just can’t miss. There are so many great ideas there, you’re going to need a whole new canister of cocoa powder. Just sayin’.
But back to this beautifully baked white chocolate chip lover’s dream. I mean, just look at all that peppermint white chocolate–it tastes just like crushed peppermint candies on top. And the decadent melted white chocolate frosting (well, bark, but frosting-ish).
Despite the fact that the kids polished off this whole batch, I’m ready for more. So much more.
How to Make Peppermint Bark Brownies
You can, if you’re pressed for time or just want to make this an even more crazy-easy recipe, you are absolutely allowed to use chocolate brownie mix. But, if you’re game, baking these from scratch is going to be amazing.
Just start by preheating your oven and preparing your baking pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix up your wet ingredients, while you work up your dry ingredients in a second bowl.
Combine those, then bake until firm in the middle. Don’t do the toothpick inserted trick, because brownies will stick to the toothpick every time.
While those cool completely, make your ganache and then spread that over the cooled brownies. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes or white chocolate peppermint bits and you’re ready to launch yourself into peppermint bark brownie heaven!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Peppermint Bark Brownies Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making Peppermint Bark Brownies at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Main Dish: Fiesta Burger
Vegetable Side: Asparagus Spirals
Starch Side: Parmesan Ranch Steak Fries
Refreshing Drink: Cucumber Basil Limeade
Best Brownie Recipes:
Once you make this Peppermint Bark Brownies Recipe, you’re going to see just how quick those kiddos can polish off a whole batch of brownies (or you’ll be embarrassed by how quickly you do it on your own). So, you’ll want another batch of awesome brownies to try out. Good news for you, I have some tasty, fudgey goodness just for you.
More Peppermint Recipes:
If you’re really here for the peppermint (you know, because it’s the superior element in this recipe, after all), well, have I got a surprise for you! I have so many wonderfully minty mint recipes that you’re going to need a bib.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup white chocolate peppermint bits
White Chocolate Ganache
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or almond bark
- 1 cup white chocolate peppermint bits for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9" x 9" baking dish by spraying it lightly with cooking spray.
- Cream together the sugar and butter.
- Add the vanilla and eggs, mixing until well combined.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder).
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in 1/3 increments, stirring well between each increment.
- Fold in 1/2 cup white chocolate peppermint chips before placing batter in the baking dish.
- Bake the brownies for 25-30 minutes, or until the center of the brownies are firm when touched and the edges of the brownies are slightly crisp, just enough to pull away from the pan edge.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan as the ganache is prepared.
- To make the ganache, combine milk, butter and sugar in a saucepan over low to medium heat.
- Stir milk and butter mixture frequently, until the butter is fully melted and the sugar is dissolved completely.
- Remove the milk and butter mixture from the stove, then add in the vanilla and white chocolate chips.
- Stir hot mixture until the chocolate melts completely.
- Spread the white chocolate ganache over the top of the brownies, smoothing the chocolate.
- Sprinkle the garnish portion of white chocolate peppermint bits over the ganache before it sets.
- Allow bark to set completely before cutting the brownies and serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 0gSugar: 29gProtein: 2g