The state of Oregon is located in the Pacific Northwest, which means that it’s home to all kinds of cool creatures and fascinating habitats! When you’re ready to learn more about this area of the United States, be sure to try these fun Oregon crafts for kids as part of your geography lesson!
These crafts include activities about the local wildlife and ecosystems, as well as Oregon attractions and culture. Add in a few books about Oregon to build a complete Oregon unit study!
Want to try more activities about the coast? Don’t miss these super cool Sharks Activities and Crafts for kids!
Oregon Crafts for Kids:
1. Oregon’s state crustacean is the Dungeness crab. Have the kids make this cute Paper Plate Crab Craft!
2. One of the most popular attractions in Oregon is the Oregon Zoo – the oldest zoo west of the Mississippi River. Make this adorable Pop-Up Paper Zoo Craft to let the kids build their own zoo!
3. The state mammal of Oregon is the American beaver. Try this fun Beaver Paper Crown and let kids wear it as you learn about this state!
4. One of Oregon’s natural borders i the Pacific Ocean. Learn about ocean waves and then try this beautiful Ocean Wave Painting activity!
5. The state tree of Oregon is the Douglas Fir tree. This fun Salt Crystal Fir Tree Experiment is a cool way to add science into your Oregon unit!
6. Whales live in the waters off the Oregon coast and whale watching is one of the area’s biggest things to do. Make this super cute Egg Carton Whale Craft!
7. College sports are important in Oregon and the University of Oregon’s football team is called the Oregon Ducks. This cute Paper Plate Duck Craft is a neat way to represent the school’s spirit!
8. The Oregon Coast Aquarium is one of the most famous aquariums in the U.S. Let the kids make one of their own with this Mini Aquarium in a Bottle!
What Oregon crafts for kids have you tried? Share your ideas in the comments!