While there are a ton of road trip printables out on the web, sometimes the kids don’t want printables or movies. They want to be happy siblings; getting along and playing board or card games. So, I called in my boys and we all discussed our favorite travel games. Here you go! The Miller Boys’ list of Must Have Travel Games for Kids!
The following links do contain affiliate links.
1. There is no shortage of laughs with Loaded Questions On The Go, as your life becomes a traveling party with 200 hilarious, creative questions for hours of memorable game play.
2. Yahtzee to Go Travel Game – comes with 100 score cards and game guide
3. Spot it! has officially hit the open road. Each colorful symbol is something you would see on a typical road trip. This edition has a new way to play while in the car: Travel Bingo. Whether you’re in the big city, cruising down the highway, or just around town, there is always something to spot. Be sure to pack Spot it! On the Road to bust backseat boredom wherever you go. This little tin has everything you need for endlessly fun car games! Includes 55 cards in a tin canister.
4. Trouble Travel Fun On The Run
5. The Travel Scavenger Hunt for Kids from University Games is great fun on a car trip. Kids love whiling away the miles searching for the objects found on the cards
6. Lead your fleet to victory on the move with this compact Battleship Grab & Go game! Can you sink your opponent’s ships before all of yours go down? Command your battle from the flip-open game unit and deploy your carrier, battleship, submarine, destroyer and cruiser on the ocean grid. When the battle is over, you can store the pegs in the units and slide them together for easy storage. You’ll rule the oceans when you Grab & Go with Battleship!
7. Rubberneckers finally puts an end to on-the-road ennui, whether you’re road tripping, field tripping, or just facing the morning commute. Crack open this box of glossy cards and let the fun begin! A combination of games all of us have played at some point in our driving and riding careers, Rubberneckers is nothing but a good time, no matter how old you are. Just think, there are 200 million cars in America.
8. Connect 4 the win on the go with this compact version of the classic Connect 4 game! You and your opponent get 21 checkers apiece and the chance to get 4 in a row. But you both get the chance to block the other’s attempts to connect with your own checkers! When the game is done for the day, it’s easy to store the checkers in the columns and fold up the trays on the playing grid. You can have Connect 4 fun anywhere when you play with this Grab & Go game!
9. Take ‘N Play Anywhere games feature big playing pieces that are easy for kids to use and hard for kids to lose. In this game both the letters and the body parts are magnetic allowing you to play the classic game anywhere. Includes 62 Letter Magnets, 8 Blank Magnets, 6 Hangman Body Parts, 2 Scoring Markers, Magnetic Game Board, Rules
10. Get ready for classic Monopoly play in a portable way! This mobile Grab & Go version of the classic Monopoly game lets you trade your way to success while you roll with whatever comes your way from the Chance and Community Chest cards. It’s the perfect, compact way to have Monopoly fun anytime, anywhere!
11. Chomp, chomp – you’ve got some hungry hippos on your hands! This Grab & Go version of the classic Hungry Hungry Hippos game has 2 chomping hippos and a whole bunch of marbles for munching. With a plastic cover to keep the marbles from rolling out, this compact game lets you have hippo-feeding fun anytime, anywhere!
12. It’s the guessing game you know and love, with more choices than ever! Narrow down your guesses with yes or no questions like, ‘Do you have brown eyes’ or ‘Are you wearing a hat?’ or ‘Did You Sing American Woman?’ Once you have the answer, make your guess. Use the two character sheets included or go online to download more. Then slide the sheet of characters into the game tray and guess away! For 2 players.
13. There’s a mystery that needs solving and you’re just the detective to do it on the go with this Grab & Go version of the classic Clue game! Who killed the host of the fancy party? Where were they and what weapon did they use? The gameboard has rooms to move in and secret passages to navigate faster and if you’re a super sleuth you can keep track of the clues in your Detective Notebook and solve the case! When the case is solved, you can store all the cards and parts in the all-in-one game unit – until the next murder!
14. This game’s innovative design allows you to pack up in the middle of the game without disturbing the words you’ve already placed on the board. The tiles snap in place.
15. This game is deceptively simple. You start with 14 tiles, and your goal is to meld all your tiles in groups of at least three, either three of a kind (3 fives, for example) or in a run (4, 5, and 6). The twist comes when you start rearranging tiles. As long as you leave at least three tiles together, you can do whatever you want with the tiles already laid down by any person playing the game. Before too long, strategy becomes hard because the person before you is sure to rearrange the tiles you needed in such a way that they are no longer available. Then again, they may lay down the one piece that you needed to win. Basically, it’s about creating sets of three or more in a row of tiles either in runs of the same colour (1-2-3-4 etc), or the same number but in different colours. The winner is the person who gets rid of all their tiles first. The clever bit is that you can rearrange the tiles already on the board in order to place your own tiles, and the final score is the total of everyone else’s leftover tiles after you’ve finished.
16. Qwirkle just got easier to pack. Our travel-sized Qwirkle plays just like the award-winning original. It’s as simple as matching colors and shapes, but it takes both logic and strategy to score big. Fun for all ages and perfect to take anywhere.
17. Blokus To Go: The strategy game for the whole family now comes in a portable, on-the-go package. Players take turns placing pieces of their chosen color on the board. Each new piece must touch at least one other piece of the same color, but only at the corners. When the board is full, each player counts up the squares in their remaining pieces the player with least number of squares wins. Perfect for taking on vacation or to a friend’s house for game night.
18. PACKAGE INCLUDES-12 Magnetic Fun Board Games-Space Venture,Solitaire,Backgammon,Auto Race,Snakes & Ladders,Tic Tac Toe,Nine Mens Morris,Checkers,Chinese Checkers,Chess & Checkers,Ludo & Racing
19. Chess is a recreational and competitive game played between two players. Sometimes called Western chess or international chess to distinguish it from its predecessors and other chess variants, the current form of the game emerged in Southern Europe during the second half of the 15th century after evolving from similar, much older games of Indian and Persian origin. Today, chess is one of the world’s most popular games, played by millions of people worldwide in clubs, online, by correspondence, in tournaments and informally. The set also comes with blank pieces for Checkers.
20. These aren’t your run of the mill cards or conversation starters, because this tiny little box includes giant fun with both conversation starters and fun facts! You will no longer have to worry about questions to come up with because we’ve done it for you!
21. Play the domino games you love anywhere with Dominoes To Go from University Games! Dominoes is a fun and easy to learn game that strengthens math skills. This classic set of dominoes includes 28 professional size double 6 dominoes with black dots. Stored in a convenient travel compact the dominoes also come with instructions for 7 games including Moon, Muggins and 42. University Games is proud to be the official dominoes used for tournaments around the world. For 1-8 players, ages 6 and up.
22. Now you can Blurt. on the go. This handy, portable version of best-selling Blurt. includes 75 new Blurt. definition cards (450 new Blurt. clues), cardholder, scoreboard and magnetic pieces. Take turns passing the cards, reading the definitions and blurting out the answers.
23. Can you find the missing link(s)? Fit all puzzle pieces on the game board. But watch out! There are 36 puzzle parts but only 24 free places on the game board. Open rings and balls of different puzzle pieces can occupy the same place when you link them the right way. IQ-Link is a beautiful, compact travel game with 120 challenges. Contents: 12 colorful puzzle pieces, compact game board with transparent lid, booklet with 120 challenges.
24. Play the fast action team game where you never know what you are until you start asking questions. Think fast and guess quickly! Be the first team to figure out all your cards to win! Contents: 25 Pictures Cards, 2 Headbands, Rule Sheet
25. Pictionary Card Game: Pictionary meets charades in the craziest card game ever, with no drawing required. Race to act out clues for your team using nothing but the simple images on each Picture Card, combine them, build scenes with them or use them as props. The first team to guess the correct answer in head-to-head play wins a point, and the first team to score 5 points wins the game. For 2 teams.
26. A portable version of our Family bingo set. Everything you’ll need to play with your family or friends.
27. The Game of Hilarious Comparisons.: APPLES to APPLES To Go is the portable version of the wild, award-winning card and party game that provides totally portable fun for four to eight players. It’s as easy as comparing apples to apples. just open the box, deal the cards, and you’re ready to play. Select the card from your hand that you think is best described by a card played by the judge. If the judge picks your card, you win that round. And everyone gets a chance to be the judge. Each round is filled with surprising and outrageous comparisons from a wide range of people, places, things and events. Fast moving and refreshing, APPLES to APPLES To Go is the perfect game for fun on the run. Apples to Apples To Go – with 100% new content.
Plus, you can find some of my free printables and activity ideas here: