These luau pretzel rods are so much fun to make! Plus, they’re coated in chocolate candy goodness a well!
If you love these dessert pretzels, make certain to give our Fourth of July Pretzel Sticks a try as well.
These candy coated pretzel sticks are perfect for sharing with your family and friends. Who doesn’t love snacking on a
And who knows, you might just be able to recruit some help in having others grabbing and dip pretzel rods into white chocolate or melted chocolate for you!
The specialty sprinkles can be found at Michael’s, but you can also find them at my favorite online store for fun sprinkles, Sweets & Treats:
Must Have Resources:
When making Hawaiian Pretzel Rods at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Main Dish: Easy Hawaiian Pork Kabobs
Vegetable Side: Carrot Leek Soup
Starch Side: Oven Sweet Potato Steak Fries
Refreshing Drink: Strawberry Smoothie
Best Dessert Pretzel Recipes:
Once you make this sweet and salty Hawaiian Pretzel Rod Recipe, you’re going to want more! Don’t fret, we have a lot of dessert pretzel recipes to share with you!
More Chocolate Recipes:
- Pretzel rods
- White candy melts
- Pink candy melts
- Green candy melts
- Yellow candy melts
- Pineapple shaped sprinkles
- Flamingo shaped sprinkles
- Melt the candy coating according to package directions giving special care not to overheat the candy. If the candy coating is overheated, it will be too thick. You can add 2 teaspoons of vegetable shortening or coconut oil to help thin the candy but do not add any other type of liquid as the candy will seize and harden.
- Pour candy coating over two-thirds of the pretzel rod and shake gently to remove excess. If applying sprinkles, do so immediately rotating the pretzel rods to coat all sides. Larger sprinkles work best if placed individually.
- Place pretzel rod on waxed paper or cooling rack. (Cook’s notes: Waxed paper makes for easier release.)
- If dipping with additional colored candy melts, allow initial candy coating to set completely. Then, transfer candy melts to a zip-top freezer bag or disposable piping bag with the corner snipped. Drizzle candy coating over the pretzel rods. Before the pretzel sets, gently pick it up and move to clean wax paper.
- Let pretzel rods dry completely before packaging or serving.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Placing in the refrigerator may cause the pretzel to soften.