My kids and I have a little ritual each year of having a fun at-home Grinch study unit during the holidays. So, I made these fun DIY Grinch bookmarks the other day as a tool for our reading activities! These make great gifts and totally add to all the fun holiday Grinchmas Ideas we plan each year!
Plus, making these DIY Grinch-themed bookmarks is a super fun and quick Grinch kids’ craft that you can either make by hand or with your Cricut as a print-and-cut project – the kids can color or they can just be printed in color automatically. Perfect for the holidays!
Disclosure: I work with Cricut as a Brand Ambassador. This post also contains affiliate links.
If you’re like me and have no patience with scissors these days and want to make this easy Grinch craft using your Cricut, you’re just going to download the files, print with your inkjet and finally cut on your Cricut. But it’s not like it requires a Cricut, either. You can print, then cut these bookmarks out with scissors and still have awesome bookmarks.
So, let’s start making!
DIY Grinch Bookmarks
These fun DIY Grinch bookmarks are perfect for keeping the Grinchmas vibe going while you read The Grinch Who Stole Christmas together with your kids. These bookmarks can be used two ways – printed in full color or printed to be colored by your little mini-Grinches!
Although you can use these fun printable Grinch bookmark files to print on any simple craft material you might want, I know it’s helpful for you to know exactly what I used:
Making your free printable Grinch bookmark set is super easy. By just downloading the file, you’re already halfway there!
To make all of these things, all I needed was:
Now, as I mentioned earlier, if you don’t have a cutting machine, you CAN STILL make these Grinch movie bookmarks. All you need to do that is grab a pair of scissors or an exacto knife.
Tips and Tricks to Make Printable Grinch Bookmarks with Cricut:
Making your Grinch-inspired bookmarks is simpler than stealing a whatsit from a whosit. But, in case you’re no Cricut-doohickey expert, here are my favorite notes to help with cutting card stock on a Cricut or Silhouette:
- Start with a clean blade. Even if your fine cutting tool looks clean, there’s still a chance that fibers from previous cuts are still on the blade. To make sure the cut isn’t ruined, you just need to wipe the blade off with a little rubbing alcohol.
- Be sure the entirety of the paper is pressed firmly onto the mat – not just around the edges. Otherwise, the blade will catch the loose paper and the Grinch’s head will be torn off and although hilarity will ensure, it might not be pretty.
Best Grinch Ideas You Can Make:
Once you make these Grinch bookmarks, don’t go robbing Whoville for a Grinch fix for more holiday craft ideas. You just need to check out these fantastic ideas:
- Easy Grinch Cookie Recipes Kids Will Love
- Grinch Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas Printables for Kids
- Grinch Recipes and Activities for Kids
- Grinch Gnome
- Quality Card Stock Paper
- Glue Stick, Tape or Glue Dots
- Downloadable Grinch Bookmark Set
- Light Grip Mat
- Download the PNG Files, then upload it to Cricut Design Space.
- Select "complex" image type. On the next screen, select "continue" and the following screen, select "save as a print and cut project".
- Insert the image onto the next screen, then select "make it".
- Load the white card stock into your printer and print the project.
- Place the printed card stock paper onto your light grip mat as shown on the screen in Cricut Design Space.
- Select medium-thickness card stock as the material.
- Load the light grip mat into your Cricut cutting machine and tell it to cut.
- When the cut is complete, weed the design.
- Let the kids color the ones that are color-able and the others, well, you can laminate or just use!
If you love this easy Grinch craft, be sure to pin this to your favorite holiday crafts board on Pinterest so you can find it again fast when you’re planning a Grinch reading unit!