I wanted to offer you some How the Grinch Stole Christmas Printables for little kids, in celebration of the re-release of the movie How the Grinch Stole Christmas! This classic Christmas movie is perfect for families of all ages. These are a great resource to add to your Grinchmas ideas.
As moms, we want our kids to understand that Christmas isn’t all about getting more and more stuff.
It’s about the heartfelt love that we should all have for each other. In addition to a fun movie night, I have included a few fun Grinch Recipes and Activities for kids below to help you turn this set of Grinch printables into an entire unit study for all ages.
For kids, seeing the transformation of the Grinch helps them to see that Christmas is about loving others. And, they’ll learn that even little kids can have a big impact on the lives and attitudes of others.
As they watch Cindy Lou Who show loving kindness to the one person in Who-ville that everyone shuns they’ll learn the true meaning of Christmas.
“Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas…perhaps…means a little bit more!”
― Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
How the Grinch Stole Christmas Printables
I think it’s a good idea to read the Grinch Christmas book before watching the movie. Reading helps kids imagine. And they’ll be able to develop their own ideas about the Grinch, Cindy Lou, and all the Who’s of Who-ville.
These How the Grinch Stole Christmas Printables are great for little hands. They reinforce the story-line while kids also learn through:
- Hands-on puzzles
- Matching shadow Grinch to the correct pictures
- Putting together a simple 4 piece puzzle
- Counting by twos
- Labeling the Grinch and so much more
But, as they work with the Grinch printables you can also talk to your kids about heart matters. As kids use the simple manipulative cut-outs and matching pages remind them of how the Grinch treated everyone in the beginning.
Some conversation starters for The Grinch:
- Ask the kids questions about why the Grinch might have acted mean
- Discuss what it’s like to be around someone who is always grumpy and causing problems for others
- Ask what exactly it was that made the Grinch’s heart swell
- Talk about why Max loved the Grinch despite his being mean all the time
The Story of The Grinch Helps Kids to See the Importance of Kindness
I’ve found that kids can be super insightful when it comes to relationships. Sometimes they see things that we as adults don’t even notice because they have such pure hearts.
That’s exactly what Cindy Lou did. She saw past the Grinch’s rude demeanor into his tiny heart.
But, because she showed him a measure of kindness she helped his heart to grow three sizes!
After reading the book, watch the movie as a family. It will put everyone in the Christmas spirit.
And, you’ll help your kids to see that Christmas isn’t just about getting presents. It’s about loving others with a heart that’s three sizes bigger!
Grinch Unit Study Activities for Kids:
Personally, I like to make an entire day out of movie night at our house. We like to do an entire Unit Study even if it is just for one of our favorite Christmas movies.
So, make sure you plan an entire Grinch Day at your house to not only enjoy whichever version of the Grinch movie you prefer, but also to encourage kindness and acceptance in your children.
You can spend some time on Grinch activities like these:
- Older kids can be involved in the learning, too! Keep them busy with a fun math activity like the Grinch word problems below. Plus, it is a video and we all know how much kids today love videos.
- This persuasive writing project should definitely be added to your How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr Seuss lesson plans! Primary Graffiti’s Grinch writing assignment is for your kids to persuade the Grumpy Grinch to Grin. I just love encouraging students to write persuasive creative writing assignments such as this.
- I am absolutely in love with the Grinch Craft ideas from Ruffles and Rain Boots, but my favorite (and the one that is the easiest for kids) is the adorable DIY Grinch Ornament Set. Aren’t those the cutest!? They make me want to create a Grinch or Who-ville tree for my house. OMG! Now, I REALLY want a Grinch themed Christmas tree!!
- For more fun, you can incorporate one of these (or all of these) amazing Grinch crafts for kids–there’s so much fun to be had, you can seriously spend hours making the whole house Grinchified.
Grumpy Green Grinch Recipes:
Whether you are having a favorite Christmas movie night or a Christmas party, make sure that you enjoy a little Who-ville deliciousness like these Grinch recipes:
- Even if you don’t make an entire day of it, but instead just have a Grinch movie night, you can make this fun and delicious Grinch Popcorn recipe from Cooking with Curls. You and your children will love this green, sweet, Grinch popcorn treat! The best part is that no food coloring was involved in the making of this sweet snack.
- It doesn’t always have to be sweet treats! This delicious Grinch Smoothie Recipe, over at Rain Day Mum, is full of super foods like kiwi and kale.
- Check out these awesome 20+ Grinch recipes that I pulled together from all over, because being green is so funtastic.
What are some fun Grinch activities for kids?
Holidays are a time to get together and make wonderful memories. If your kids want a bit of extra Grinch-inspired holiday spirit, look no further. Kids can craft their own green Grinch masks out of construction paper and markers or get creative and create their own decorations with holiday-themed green felt and shapes, such as candy canes and twinkling stars.
If your family wants to take it one step further this year, incorporate fun Grinch-themed activities like creating a ‘Happy Who-liday’ scavenger hunt, playing Whoville Bingo, or reciting Dr. Seuss’s poems with silly accents.
These activities provide great festive entertainment for all ages that will bring the story of the Grinch back to life – complete with smiles instead of frowns!
How do I make learning printables last longer?
One of the most effective ways to make learning printables more durable is to laminate them. This protects the material from degradation due to wear and tear over time. Additionally, it can add a layer of protection against liquids such as crayons and markers that can damage the printable.
Laminating sheets are generally easy to find from local retailers or online and have several different options for users who may only require one-sided lamination or double-sided lamination, depending on their preference.
Laminated printables are an ideal option for classrooms as they can be used repeatedly over a longer period of time while preserving their quality.
Does the Grinch end up loving Christmas?
By the end of Dr. Seuss’ beloved story, “How The Grinch Stole Christmas,” there is little doubt that the Grinch’s heart has grown at least three sizes. After his schemes are thwarted by the Who’s unwavering holiday spirit, he chooses to reluctantly accept their joy and takes part in their festivities.
At the end, he generously returns all of the presents and decorations that he stole from them earlier in the story. Through this selfless act, it becomes clear to us that the Grinch has finally found a place for himself and embraced his fondness for Christmas traditions.
Ultimately, we can infer that even though he was initially resistant to it, he ends up learning how to love these festive times of the year and discovers the true meaning of Christmas.
What is the most popular Dr. Seuss book?
Theodore Seuss Geisel, better known as Dr. Seuss, is celebrated worldwide for his whimsical books full of rhyming verse and vibrant illustrations that bring characters to life.
Of all the books he wrote and illustrated, “The Cat in the Hat” is undoubtedly the most popular.
I like to think that The Grinch is a close second!
Pete the Cat Saves Christmas Printables - CrystalandComp.com
Friday 24th of February 2023
[…] The Grinch Printable Activity Sheets […]
Tuesday 14th of December 2021
I cannot find the button to download the printables anywhere on the page.
Monday 3rd of January 2022
At the bottom of the post is a big green box that says "click here to print the Christmas printables". You will need to opt into my newsletter by clicking that box and then you will receive an email with the printable.
Saturday 6th of November 2021
Wednesday 3rd of November 2021
Never mind 😂 it finally worked after the 4th time rebooting my phone. They look great! Thank you! 😊 🥰
Friday 5th of November 2021
lol! glad you got it fixed. My phone has been weird lately, too!
Wednesday 3rd of November 2021
Good morning. The grinch printables isn't showing a working button for me. Instead it has the html/Java script used to place the link & button on the page. But isn't actually active. 😔 Is it possible to email them?
Friday 5th of November 2021
uh oh! that's not good. What happens if you refresh?