Get some baking inspiration from this list of over 30 delicious cobbler recipes!
And find more awesome sweets in this list of over 40 dessert recipes you can make!
Fall is here! And that means the fall baking season is coming up!
If you live in the Deep South (like I do), that usually means that any time is time to make cobbler. Cobbler is super popular down here and for good reason… It’s delicious!
Can you make cobbler recipes with frozen fruit?
Absolutely! BUT, if the recipe calls for fresh fruit, you may need to make some slight adjustments or you could have a runny cobbler.
Seriously, there aren’t many things that are worse than a runny cobbler! 😉
Recipe adjustments if using frozen fruit instead of fresh fruit:
Don’t worry! I ma sure you have something on hand to help you create the perfect cobbler – even if you have no fresh fruits. I have four tips that will help you counter the extra liquid that you find in frozen fruits and berries.
1. Do not defrost it!
Keep it in it’s frozen state when adding it to the recipe. Otherwise, you are going to be adding extra liquids right from the start. THe fruit will also overcook into a mushy mess.
2. Combine flour with the fruit!
Put a couple tablespoons of all-purpose flour into a ziploc. Then, add your frozen fruit and give the bag a shake. This will put a light coating of flour on your frozen fruit.
Frozen fruit is heavy due to the excess water. This causes the fruit to sink to the bottom of your pan. The flour helps to absorb some of the liquid and helps to distribute the frozen fruit more evenly in your dessert.
psst: if you notice your chocolate chips sinking to the bottom of your muffin, try this flour trick with them, too!
3. Bake an open-face pie!
Using a large lattice pattern for your top crust can allow some of the extra liquid to evaporate during cooking. This will help to thicken a cobbler or pie that was made runny by the excess water in frozen fruits.
4. Bake it longer!
Adding just five extra minutes to your oven timer can also cause more of the liquids to evaporate during the cooking process.
Add these super-simple tips to your baking binder. That way, the next time you need to bake with frozen fruits or berries, you will be prepared to bake a perfect dessert.
As a super busy mom of a gazillion boys, I had to quickly learn the art of using boxed and frozen items to create homemade deliciousness.
It can be done, and no one ever has to even know that you used frozen peaches in that cobbler!
Over 30 Delicious Cobbler Recipes:
1. This Blueberry Cake Mix Cobbler is a cinch to make! Plus, it’s super yummy!
2. Add a tropical taste to dessert with this Pineapple Cobbler!
3. Make a healthier treat with this recipe for Whole Wheat Skillet Blackberry Cobbler!
4. This Blueberry Lemon Poppyseed Cobbler is absolutely gorgeous. It would look so lovely on a table!
5. Try this recipe for Homemade Strawberry Cobbler to have a classic treat!
6. And speaking of classics, this recipe for Old-Fashioned Cherry Cobbler will bring back some childhood memories!
7. Savor the best of autumn with this Pumpkin Cobbler recipe!
8. Make dessert a little better for your family with this Healthy Peach Cobbler!
9. Put a savory twist on dessert with this Balsamic Roasted Fruit Cobbler!
10. Let your slow cooker do the prep for you with this Crockpot Cake Mix Apple Cobbler recipe!
11. Combine two fruit flavors in this Grilled Peach Blueberry Cobbler!
12. I love Snickerdoodle cookies. Can’t wait to try this Snickerdoodle Cobbler recipe!
13. Tired of the same old cobbler? Make these yummy Strawberry Cobbler Bars instead!
14. Serve cobbler in a unique way with this Peach Cobbler Trifle!
15. This Easy Pear Cobbler recipe really does look easy. You’ll have it ready in no time!
16. This recipe for Cranberry Apple Cobbler gives your dessert a little twist of tartness!
17. This Peach Cake Mix Cobbler is a huge hit in our family. I’m sure your family will love it too!
18. Let this Crockpot Blueberry Cobbler cook all day and it’ll be warm and delicious by dinnertime!
19. Make a rustic dessert with this Skillet Blackberry Cobbler!
20. Love the taste of salted caramel? You’ve got to try this Crockpot Salted Caramel Cobbler!
21. These Peach Cobbler Muffins are perfect for grab-and-go breakfasts!
22. Mangoes are easily one of my favorite fruits. This Easy Mango Cobbler looks wonderful!
23. Do you love chocolate? (Of course you do!) Try this Fabulous Chocolate Cobbler!
24. Serve dessert for breakfast with this Peach Breakfast Cobbler for kids!
25. Put your cobbler in the cookie jar with this recipe for Blueberry Cobbler Cookies!
26. These individual Mason Jar Peach Cobblers are so cute!
27. Dump cakes are super easy to make and this Cranberry Cobbler Dump Cake is no different!
28. Running out of pantry supplies? Try this Slow Cooker Berry Cobbler you can make with just three ingredients!
29. These Apple Cobbler Cookies would be so fun to include in a school lunchbox!
30. Bake up some warm goodness with these Blueberry Cobbler Butter Bars!
31. This Rosemary Crusted Peach Cobbler is beautiful. Serve it directly from the skillet while it’s still hot!
Delicious Cobbler Recipes and Resources:
Bake up these and more delicious cobbler recipes with these Amazon affiliate resources!