You have probably heard of peach cobbler but have you heard of chocolate cobbler? If you have not tried chocolate cobbler, I highly suggest giving this recipe a try! If you are a chocolate lover, you will not be disappointed!
This dessert is one that is easy to make and even non-bakers will be able to do. The ingredients in this recipe are very simple and a lot of them you probably have on hand.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1⅓ cups hot water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare an 8 inch square baking dish by greasing it and setting it aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and two tablespoons of cocoa. Mix well.
- Next, stir in the milk and oil until well blended. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining cocoa and brown sugar. Sprinkle this mixture over the batter. Pour the hot water over the top of the batter but do NOT stir.
- Then place the baking dish into the oven. Bake the cobbler for 45 minutes or until the cake springs back when touched in the center.
- Serve warm with your favorite ice cream.
Serve this cobbler warm and you will enjoy the warm melted chocolate flowing out of the cobbler. I recently served this dessert after having my Pulled Pork BBQ Nacho’s it went perfect together! This cobbler was a nice surprise after such an awesome dinner. Everyone at our barbecue thought both the nacho’s and cobbler were amazing! This is one of those recipes your guest will not see coming.