This Creamy Onion Dip Recipe is going to be one of your favorite homemade dips to make! If you’re craving a spicy onion dip made with cream cheese, this is the one for you.
Grab some potato chips, veggies, or anything else that you feel like dipping into this easy onion dip recipe and you’re going to love every single bite. The flavor of the caramelized onions brings out so much flavor! Check out the rest of my popular dip recipes.
This is one of the easiest dip recipe, ever! This dip is featured in our patriotic charcuterie board.
I’ll never say no to a good caramelized onion dip. This is because I find each bite totally refreshing and the simplicity of the taste makes it literally go with anything!
Once I take it out of the oven and remove it from heat, I have a hard time waiting for it to cool down to enjoy.
Creamy Onion Dip Recipe
The “hardest” part about this recipe is chopping up the onions and not crying…but seriously, the beauty of this simple dip recipe is that it doesn’t take long to make at all. We’ve made it up in a jiffy as the perfect appetizer or accompaniment to a veggie tray or dish.
And since my boys eat a ton, I love having easy dips made up so that they can have a quick homemade snack whenever they want. It makes my heart happy to know that they can open the fridge and have this simple and yummy option ready and waiting.
Is there any sour cream in this recipe?
There’s actually not! The two main ingredients that are used are cream cheese and mayonnaise. Those two additions, with the spices and onion, are what make up the basis of this delicious dip recipe.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Creamy Onion Dip Recipe Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following farm decor can be found on Etsy. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Creamy Onion Dip Recipe at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Don’t let the thought of meal planning scare you away. With just a little bit of prep, you can have days or even weeks worth of meals planned out with ease.
Main Dish: Hawaiian Pork Kabobs
Vegetable Side: Simple Carrot Salad
Starch Side: Pan Fried Potatoes
Refreshing Drink: Carrot Milkshake
Don’t forget Dessert: Unicorn Cupcakes
Best Dip Recipes:
Once you make this Creamy Onion Dip Recipe Recipe, don’t stop there! There are so many simple dips that you need to try, too! I’ve gathered up some of my favorites to share with you.
This Loaded Queso Dip is certain to please. Great for chips and veggies.
Bacon Cheeseburger Dip has so many flavors and layers that you’re never going to want to stop!
Check out the ease of this Cream Cheese Bean Dip!
Use your Instant Pot to create this delicious Instant Pot Cheese Dip.
This Pizza Dip Appetizer is amazing and so simple to whip up!
Who says that dips can’t be sweet? This Carrot Cake Dip is the perfect dessert dip!
Cream Cheese Dip is one of the easiest dip recipes, ever.
Could you use store bought greek yogurt in this recipe?
You can if you want. Just make certain that it’s not flavored and use it in place of the mayonnaise. There’s still a chance that it might alter the taste a bit but I’m certain that it will still taste really good as well.
Plus, greek yogurt has a lot of great health benefits also.
More Onion Recipes:
- 1 8-oz package of cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon of crushed chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper powder
- 1 8-oz block of mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 8-oz block of Colby & Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 large Vidalia onion
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- As that is heating, you're going to start mixing up the cream cheese until smooth.
- Next, take and add in the mayo. Mix those together until well combined.
- Then grab a different small bowl, and mix together the cayenne pepper powder, chili flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper powder.
- After you have it all mixed, go ahead and add the spice mix to the cream cheese mix and stir together until smooth.
- Grab and knife and start cutting up the onion into small cubes. Then take and mix it into the mix along with the Colby-jack cheese and 1/2 of the cheddar cheese as well.
- After you have it mixed together, take and spread the mixture out into a 9-inch baking pan or a smaller sized casserole dish. Sprinkle the top with shredded cheese.
- Take and place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Once done, take out of the oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes to cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 372mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 6/13/2020
What are you going to use to dip into this delicious onion dip? I can’t wait to hear what you think!