Everyone loves cupcakes, but until you’ve made this Cherry Filled Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe, you’re totally missing out! Combining the flavor of chocolate with the middle cherry center is one taste that you have to make to believe! Speaking of cupcakes, be sure to check out the rest of my cupcake recipes as well!
These cherry loaded chocolate cupcakes are literally the cherry on top of being the best of the best cupcakes! Not only is the cupcake batter super simple to whip up, but it makes the best light and fluffy cupcakes as well!
The next time that you’re craving chocolate cherry cupcakes, it’s time to put these on your radar. Pair them with some chocolate buttercream or even cherry buttercream frosting and a fresh cherry on top, and you’re set!
When it comes to simple cupcakes, you really can’t top this easy recipe. My kids go CRAZY for them every time I make them – and I think you’re about to see why!
Cherry Filled Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
When it comes to cupcakes with a sweet surprise, it doesn’t get any better than this. Every bite is loaded with chocolate and cherry flavoring scattered throughout. It’s safe to say that these cupcakes are truly a treat!
My boys are cupcake fanatics, and these are always at the top of their list. They love to help with these cupcakes as well because they’re really just fun to make. Plus, those who help make the cupcakes get to eat the cupcakes sooner!
How do you know when cupcakes are done baking?
A toothpick inserted into the middle of the cupcakes is going to be the best way to tell. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cupcakes are done and ready to be moved to a rack to cool completely.
You can also gauge cupcakes’ doneness by looking at their tops. They shouldn’t have a “wet” look at all on the tops, and the edges should also start to look baked.
Can I freeze cupcakes?
Yes, you can freeze baked cupcakes! I would recommend freezing them without any type of frosting or icing on the top because you can add those on once the cupcakes thaw.
Also, make sure that the cupcakes are cooled down all the way before freezing them, or they’ll release steam and have come condensation come out, and possibly make the cupcakes soggy. (and nobody wants that!)
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Cherry Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Cupcakes with Cherry Flavor at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
If you’re thinking about meal planning, now is the time! This is the perfect way to get ahead of the day and let everyone know what to expect! I’ve been meal planning for years, and it’s one of my favorite ways to get prepped and ready for the week.
Main Dish: Healthy Chicken Pasta Recipes
Vegetable Side: Easy Grilled Vegetable Recipes
Starch Side: Southwestern Cheddar Steak Fries
Refreshing Drink: 4-Ingredient Lava Flow Mocktail Recipe
Best Cupcake Recipes:
Once you make this Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe, you’re going to want to keep making those yummy cupcakes! This recipe makes it super simple to do so that you can chow down on sweets anytime that you’d like!
When it comes to cupcakes, these Orange Cupcakes with Italian Meringue are the best! You’re going to love the citrus flavoring.
Check out this Blue Cupcake Recipe that is so much fun to make! These would be adorable for a baby shower or birthday party.
These Grill Cupcakes are perfect for summer snacking! They’re a great addition to any BBQ!
Don’t miss out on making these Apple Pie Cupcakes! So much flavor! These are excellent for fall treats!
You’re going to love the taste of these Smores Cupcakes! Who says that you have to eat s’mores over an open fire?!
Everyone is going to love this Fun & Delicious Egg Hunt Cupcake Recipe!
Fall in love with the flavor and taste of this Confetti Lemon Cupcake Recipe!
Do cupcakes need to be at room temperature to frost?
The cupcakes need to be cooled down all the way before adding frosting. Otherwise, the frosting is going to melt right off.
I’ve even seen the frosting melt right into the cupcakes before as well, disappearing completely! This is a huge indicator that the cupcakes were too hot to frost in the first place.
If you don’t want to add frosting, you can always sprinkle some powdered sugar on top or add any other toppings that you’d like. (melted chocolate chips drizzled on top is always a good idea!)
More Cherry Recipes:
- Creamy Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- Cherry Almond Coffee Cake Recipe
- Instant Pot Patriotic Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Boiling Water
- 12oz Can Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 4-5 cups Powdered Icing Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2-3 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the tray with cupcake liners.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set it aside.
- Grab a different bowl and beat the sugars, vanilla, oil, and buttermilk for 2 minutes. Make sure that the sugars are dissolved.
- Beat in the eggs and then the flour mixture.
- Add the boiling water and beat carefully.
- Add the cupcake batter to the liners 2/3 full.
- Put in the oven and bake for 18-22 minutes.
- To make the frosting, beat the powdered icing sugar, butter, and cocoa powder for 2 minutes.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and salt. Beat until thick and smooth.
- If you need to add more sugar or cocoa powder, do so.
- Put the frosting into a piping bag with a tip. Set it aside.
- Core out the middle of the cupcake. It should take out about a 1 - 1 1/2 inch middle section. Put in a teaspoon of cherry pie filling.
- Add the frosting to the cupcakes.
- Add any leftover pie filling to a piping bag and drizzle over the top of the frosting.
- Add any remaining cherries on top.
Do you love the flavor of cherry and chocolate together?