If you’re looking for a mint chocolate treat, well, this Andes Mint Puppy Chow is absolutely insane. I love the way the chocolate and crisp cereal work together to make a great snack. Make sure to check out the rest of my Andes Mint Dessert Recipes as well!
This recipe is full of that wonderful mint flavor and taste! There’s no way you won’t be eating the entire bowl!
But if you’re just here for every puppy chow recipe ever, don’t worry, because I have some great puppy chow recipes here for you to choose from!
Don’t miss out on these 12+ Puppy Chow recipes that are just waiting for you to try. Back to this Andes muddy buddies recipe and just how easy it is to make.
How to Make Andes Mint Puppy Chow
If you’ve never made puppy chow (or muddy buddies) before, you should definitely not be intimidated by this recipe.
It doesn’t matter if you use Andes mint chocolate chips or if you chop up some Andes mints. Either will work, so just don’t overthink that.
To get these Andes mint snacks made, you start by putting your chocolate and Andes mints in a large bowl and microwaving for 1 minute and stir. Then, in a large mixing bowl, you get your melted chocolate and melted mints mixed with your Chex cereal then toss it in a ziploc bag with some powdered sugar.
You can make your mint muddy buddies a lot more complicated than that, but if you’re not set on having peanut butter in the mix, which I’m not, and you’re just looking for a mint flavored snack, which I am, you just enjoy.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Andes Mint Puppy Chow Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making Andes Chex Mix Recipe at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
- Parchment Paper total life-saver in so many situations. In this particular situation, you just need it to keep the counter clean.
- Medium Microwave Safe Bowl a true staple.
- Gallon-Sized Zipper Baggy because sometimes you need the best.
Make it a Meal:
Main Dish: Apple Smothered Pork Chops
Vegetable Side: Broccoli Cheese Soup
Starch Side: Parmesan Fries with Ranch
Refreshing Drink: Candy Apple Mocktail
Best Puppy Chow Recipes:
Once you make this Andes Mint Puppy Chow Recipe, you’re going to see just how quick those kids can polish off a simple snack–and you’ll want more! So, I pulled together some of the best puppy chow recipes you’ll ever find right here!
More Mint Recipes:
I love a good mint recipe. Seriously, it’s really what this is all about, right?! I mean, mint is the center of all the best recipes. So, I’ve pulled together some ideas that you just have to try.
Andes Mint Puppy Chow
If you're looking for a mint chocolate treat, well, this Andes Mint Puppy Chow is absolutely insane. I love the way the chocolate and crisp cereal work together to make a great snack.
- 1 cup Andes mints, divided
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 4 cups corn Chex
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Combine chocolate chips and ½ cup Andes mints into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Place Chex into large bowl and top with the melted chocolate. Stir to coat completely.
- Put the powdered sugar into a gallon sized zipper bag.
- Pour the chocolate-coated cereal into the zipper bag with the powdered sugar.
- Seal and shake the bag in order to coat the cereal in the powdered sugar.
- Pour the puppy chow onto a baking sheet in a single layer to cool completely.
- Top with the remaining Andes mints and stir gently to combine.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 144mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 3gSugar: 35gProtein: 4g