When it comes to learning geography, it’s important to learn all fifty of the United States. But my favorite state of all (of course) is Alabama. After all, I live here!
There’s a lot to learn about the state of Alabama – from the wildlife and history to the agriculture and industries. And these fun Alabama crafts for kids are perfect ways to get the kids excited about studying this state together!
You can’t learn about Alabama without talking about football…lol! Get ready to host the big game at your house with these free printable Alabama Roll Tide Party Invitations you can send to your guests!
Alabama Crafts for Kids:
1. The wild turkey is one of Alabama’s state birds. The kids will have fun making this lovely Doily Turkey Craft!
2. Alabama’s state mammal is the American black bear. Believe it or not, we have bears down here! This cute Bird Seed Bear Craft is a fun bear craft that will also attract some feathered friends to your yard!
3. The state insect of Alabama is the Monarch butterfly. And you can let your littlest kids get involved in making this No-Mess Painted Butterfly Craft without worrying about the spills!
4. NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center is located in Alabama. It’s been used as a testing site for some of the space shuttles! Make this Simple Shape Rocket to have some outer space fun and practice learning shapes!
5. Get your kids excited for the next Alabama Crimson Tide football game with this Rumble and Tumble Football Craft!
6. The southern end of Alabama lies along the Gulf of Mexico, where Alabama’s sugar-white beaches (the whitest in the world) are located. Make this easy Beach Shoebox Diorama!
7. In this state, we get pretty frequent thunderstorms, so we get used to rainy afternoons. This soft and sweet Rain Cloud Craft is fun for kids of all ages!
8. Poultry farming is one of the major industries in our state. This Handprint Chicken Craft is an awesome art project to share with the kids!
Do you have any ideas for Alabama crafts for kids? Share your suggestions or your successful projects in the comments!