This Air Fryer Pumpkin Pies Recipe is an excellent way to make a dessert that no one has to share! They’re already portioned perfectly for all! Easy pumpkin recipes like this are a must for fall!
Get your air fryer out and ready to whip up these yummy hand pies! They’re sweet and full of that delicious pumpkin flavor!
I love that these are individually made so everyone can have their own. I don’t know about you – but I’m not a huge fan of sharing my sweets and treats! LOL!
Air Fryer Pumpkin Pies Recipe
If you love pumpkin season, you’re in luck. Using the air fryer makes this simple pumpkin dessert a fast and easy process. Forget about waiting hours for treats like this. The air fryer changes it all!
Just follow the simple steps on the printable recipe card below. I promise anyone can make this recipe; the results are so good!
Add whipped cream to give them that pumpkin pie look and feel. It’s your hand pie, so have fun with it!
What is pumpkin puree made of?
Pumpkin puree is a versatile ingredient in various dishes, from savory soups to sweet desserts. But what exactly is it made of?
Simply put, pumpkin puree is made from cooked and mashed pumpkin flesh. The flesh is gently cooked until soft and blended into a smooth, thick puree.
While some people make pumpkin puree at home, it’s also widely available in canned form at grocery stores. The puree is an excellent source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, making it a nutritious meal addition.
Whether baking a pumpkin pie, making a soup or whipping up a smoothie, pumpkin puree is an essential ingredient that adds flavor and texture to your dishes.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Air Fryer Copycat McDonald’s Apple Pie are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Copycat McDonalds Pumpkin Creme Handheld Pies at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
I’m a big fan of meal planning! You can easily prepare and have a grasp on what to make for the week without getting stressed out. Now is the time to start!
Main Dish: Chili Cheese Pigs in a Blanket Recipe
Vegetable Side: Creamy Ginger Carrot Soup Recipe
Starch Side: Oven Steak Fries Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Paloma Mocktail Recipe
Best Air Fryer Recipes:
Once you make this Simple Air Fryer Dessert Recipe, don’t put that air fryer away! As you can see from my favorites below, using the air fryer makes for quick and delicious results.
This Air Fryer Smores Recipe is another sweet treat you must try!
Everyone in the family will love the flavor of these 2-Ingredient Air Fryer Nutella Biscuit Bites!
Air Fryer Crispy Fried Chicken is a delicious recipe to share!
These Air Fryer Pumpkin Donuts are a great way to start the day!
You can also use my other favorite appliance, the Instant Pot, to make this Instant Pot Beans and Rice!
Try this Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe if you want a delicious dinner!
Use this Easy Peasy Air Fryer Meatloaf Recipe as the perfect meal plan menu item!
What are dessert hand pies?
Dessert hand pies are a delightful twist on traditional pies, as they are small enough to hold in your hand and can be eaten on the go.
These pocket-sized treats are typically made with a flaky pastry crust filled with sweet and fruity flavors like apple, cherry, and blueberry.
Unlike their larger counterparts, dessert hand pies are easy to transport and make for a great dessert option for picnics, road trips, or simply as a sweet treat on a busy day.
With their delectable flavors and convenient size, it’s no wonder why dessert hand pies have become a popular dessert choice among pastry enthusiasts and foodies alike.
More Pumpkin Recipes:
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice seasoning
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 packages of pie crust
- Egg wash - 1 egg + 2 teaspoons water
- Whisk the pumpkin puree, vanilla, pumpkin spice, and white sugar together in a bowl.
- In a different bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is smooth. Add the powdered sugar and combine.
- Grab one of the pie crusts and unroll it onto a parchment-covered baking sheet. You may need to cut off any excess and add that excess to other portions of the crust as you want it to fill the sheet and make a rectangular shape.
- Add the pumpkin mixture into a piping bag and the cream cheese mixture into a different piping bag. Snip the ends.
- Create a short log about 3 inches long of the pumpkin mixture and also of the cream cheese mixture side by side on the dough. Make 8 of these for the 8 hand pies, and keep about 3 inches between each set. Make 2 rows of 4.
- Add the other pie crust on top of the piped mixtures and cut off any excess and add elsewhere to create a matched rectangle.
- Press the dough down in the areas between the filling spaces. This will give you an idea of where you will be cutting.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut out the 8 hand pies. You can cut three times vertically, and once horizontally. You may need to cut off excess on the sides.
- Add the pies on a baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Slit two slits on the top of each hand pie. Use a fork to press down and seal the edges.
- Whisk the egg and 2 tablespoons of water in a bowl and brush this mixture on top of each hand pie.
- Put the pies in the air fryer at 360 degrees for 5-8 minutes or until the crust is crispy and golden.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 377Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 337mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 6g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 8/31/2023
When will you make these delicious Pumpkin Pies in the Air Fryer?