We have a little over a month left of summer. Have your little ones dared to say they are bored yet?
This last stretch of summer can be the hardest. You’ve likely exhausted all of the fun games, toys, crafts and entertainment you have. No worries. As a frugal mom of many, I have some thrifty ideas up my sleeve.
I created a list of 80 summer activities for preschoolers and kids and shared them over on my site. Feel free to check them out sometime, but today I am going to share 20 of my favorites with you.
Are you ready? These are all fun and affordable, some are even free. All of them are great opportunities to make memories together as a family.
20 Summer Activities for Preschoolers and Kids
- Go wildflower picking.
- Make musical instruments out of re-purposed items.
- Skip rocks.
- Feed the ducks.
- Go fishing.
- Create a DIY bird feeder from recycled items.
- Make healthy homemade popsicles together.
- Make Smore Pops inside!
- Create letter of the week crafts.
- Pop a tent in the backyard and have a picnic.
- Find a roller skating rink. So much fun!
- Have fun with food.
- Make homemade iced tea together.
- Find a dollar movie.
- Work on Bible verses together with these free printable Bible verse worksheets.
- Play in the water.
- Create something with play-doh.
- Find a new playground.
- Make kid friendly pizza together. (Cooks super fast.)
- Make mud pies. We loved doing this as kids.
More Activities for Preschoolers and Kids
21 Fun Indoor Activities 80+ Summer Activities for Kids10 Activities to Keep a 2 Year Old Busy in the CarSummer Learning Activities
A to Z Boredom Busters
Travel or Staycation with Kids
36 Savvy Travel Tips for Families
Swing by and check out Crystal, a Dallas Mom Blogger, who runs the mommy resource and solution site Crystal & Co.! She loves to share activities for kids, teach busy families how to meal plan and share real easy recipes. She is a fast-paced mom of all boys, five to be exact (including twins), who is in the trenches of homeschooling. Are you tired yet?