Learning to recognize and read sight words is a major skill that kids learn in early grades. In preschool, they might start with very simple sight words, such as “a”, “an”, and “the”. As they move on to higher grades (kindergarten, first, etc.), children usually start to work with more complex sight words.
At any of these grade levels, though, sight word printables are a big help! But – let’s face it – worksheets can be a little dull for kids. So I’ve rounded up some awesome sight word worksheets kids will love! These learning ideas are easy, interactive, and sure to keep your literacy lessons fun for kids!
For more fun ways to practice sight word reading, try some of these sight word games for kids!
1. These first grade sight word worksheets are great for early elementary students!
2. I love how these Read, Write, & Stamp Sight Word Printables let kids learn in a hands-on way!
3. Try these Pre-Primer Sight Word Worksheets with your kindergarten-aged children!
4. Work on sight word recognition and early grammar with these Sight Word Sentence Building Worksheets!
5. Have letter tiles at home? These Letter Tile Sight Word Worksheets for first grade are a great way to use them!
6. Let kids practice using sight words in writing with these Sight Word Sentence Writing Printables!
7. Break out the dot markers and try these Sight Word Do-A-Dot Printables!
8. These cut and paste Sight Word Rhyming Worksheets make it easy to add scissor skills to your reading lesson!
9. Use these first 100 Dolch sight words worksheets to help your children master the most important sight words!
10. These cute Ocean-Themed Sight Word Printables are a fun way to add reading to an ocean unit!
11. Pick up these Printable -oo Words Worksheets to use for words that use the letters “oo”!
12. This colorful Sight Word Rainbow Writing Worksheet is fun for kids who like to color!
13. These printable second grade Dolch sight word worksheets are good for advanced sight word practice!
14. Try these Color the Sight Words Worksheets with young learners!
15. Add some fine motor skills to your literacy work with these Sight Word Tracing Playdough Mats!
16. Use dice to make reading fun with this printable Rainbow Roll & Write Worksheet!
17. These printable It Sight Word Worksheets are great for recognizing “It” words!
18. Play a classic game of Bingo with these printable Sight Words Bingo Worksheets!
19. Practice using sight words in sentences with this Sight Words Fill In the Blank Worksheet!
20. Did you know that third graders still need sight word practice? Try these third grade sight word worksheets!
21. These Fishing for Sight Words Worksheets are so cute! Kids will love them!
22. Let kids write sight words two ways with this “Up” Sight Word Trace and Color Worksheet!
23. “The” is one of the first sight words kids learn. This “The” Sight Word Writing Worksheet can help!
24. Remember color by number printables? Let the kids try this Color by Sight Words Worksheet!
Sight Word Worksheets and Resources:
These Amazon affiliate resources are perfect for working on more sight word practice with kids!