I adore celebrating the newest additions to my friends and family’s life. And this set of printable unicorn baby shower invitations are a great way to set a particular celebration off right!
While you’re here, whether this is your first baby shower or your fiftieth, I have this awesome tutorial for how to host a baby shower that will help you bring your party off with a bang!
Disclosure: I work with Cricut as a Brand Ambassador. This post also contains affiliate links.
Maybe this sounds wacky to you, but I’m all about these pretty invites. One of the things I love most is that they’re simple and clean. Both in the design (no crazy swirlies or giant rainbows) but also in the way they’re put together.
Those pink paper backers are what really set off these invitations for me–they just make them pop!
So, let’s get on with it and make your baby shower invites pop.
Unicorn Themed Baby Shower Invitations:
Not every person is as into the idea of designing unique invitations, I get it. Then there’s the whole thing of figuring out the envelope fit, determining your colors and all that. It’s like unraveling a sweater by pulling one thread. Or giving a mouse a cookie, whatever.
And, even if you’re not super into the design I made, I pulled together these awesome unicorn invitations you can buy if you’re just not sold on mine and not into making your own.
Also, these are just really good inspiration of what options are out there and whatnot. Who doesn’t like to check out awesome unicorns on rainbows and all that?!
- Watercolor Unicorn Invites
- Cute Sleeping Unicorn Invitations
- Magical Rainbow Shower Invites
- Doodle Unicorn Baby Shower Invites
- Polkadot Unicorn Shower Invites
- Sleeping Unicorn on the Moon Shower Invite
- Prancing Teal Unicorn Invites
- Gorgeous Rainbow Baby Sprinkle Invites
- Glittery Gold Girl Unicorn Invites
- Pretty Unicorn Silhouette Invitations
Coordinating Set with these Free Unicorn Baby Shower Invites:
No matter whether you’re setting up for a birthday party or a shower, the decorations are always wide-open and totally up to you. But, because I am always just a little extra, I took a few minutes to make more than just invitations and blew it up into a whole coordinated unicorn shower set. I mean, if I’m going to do it, I might as well go all the way, right?! LOL!
You can find each of the coordinated unicorn shower items for these free invites below:
- Unicorn Baby Shower Diaper Cake
- Unicorn Themed Shower Decoration Pieces (the mini-banner, big banner, cupcake toppers, bow centerpiece and table scatter)
- Unicorn Baby Shower Games (no diaper raffle tickets, but some good ones)
Tips and Tricks to Make Unicorn Invitations for a Baby Shower:
Just in case you’ve never had a reason to make layered paper crafts before, or if you did and weren’t super pleased with the results, maybe these little tips will help you out.
- When you’re gluing the invitation to the backing sheet, don’t cover the entire back of the invite with glue. A couple of dabs at the corner will be more than enough. Too much glue will wrinkle the paper. Just disregard what you learned in kindergarten about using the entire glue stick in one go.
- If the paper kind of tries to curl on you, just gently roll it in the opposite direction. You need that paper to be pretty flat, so the glue has time to do it’s magic.
- Don’t give up on having a little backing sheet if you don’t have a big-ole Cricut cutting machine in your craft room arsenal. Just cut your pink card stock with straight edges. You still get that finished look, but without the scalloped edges.
- Print your invitations at 100%. Not “scale to fit” or 125% or anything like that. Just 100%. Trust me, that’s going to be the only way the backer will fit and the invitations will fit in an envelope.
What are the Best Envelopes to Send Homemade Unicorn Invitations In?
Since the likelihood of being able to get a singing unicorn delivery service to take my invites to the guests, I decided why not mail them?! To do that, though, I had to have some kind of idea what size envelopes I wanted to use before I finalized the design. With that in mind, I designed these invites to fit in the larger type envelopes, similar to what you’d get for holidays and whatnot from the store.
If you want, I grabbed some links for a few options in the right size for this particular invite:
More Unicorn Baby Shower Ideas
- Unicorn Baby Shower Treats & Eats
- All the Best Unicorn Baby Shower Ideas
- Turn your Shower into a Sprinkle
Baby Shower Food Ideas:
- Unicorn Baby Shower Food Ideas – If you are having a unicorn baby shower, you need all of these fun themed foods.
- Pink non-alcoholic drink recipes – Over 20 recipes for pink colored, non-alcoholic drinks for your party.
- Pink Desserts – these 22+ pink colored desserts are sure to help you in your baby shower food planning!
Necessary Materials to Make Printable Unicorn Baby Shower Invitations:
Making a your own unicorn party or shower invitations is so simple, though, so you don’t HAVE to buy them. To make these easy DIY unicorn baby shower invitations I only needed a handful of things:
- Quality Card Stock Paper
- Pink Card Stock Paper
- Glue Stick or Glue Dots
- Free Printable for the Invitations