North Carolina has some of the most picturesque scenery in the U.S. This state features a varied landscape, including beaches, rivers, mountains, valleys, plains, and more. So it’s home to all kinds of animals and wildlife, which means it makes a fascinating unit study for kids!
When you’re studying the Tarheel State with the kids, try making these easy North Carolina crafts for kids! There are crafts here to learn about the state’s animals, landforms, and history!
If you’re heading to the Carolinas soon with your family, be sure to check out this list of Teen-Friendly Things to Do in Myrtle Beach for a vacation your teens will love!
North Carolina Crafts for Kids:
1. Charlotte Motor Speedway in Charlotte, North Carolina hosts major NASCAR racing events each year. Make this super cute Printable Race Car Craft with the kids!
2. The Wright Brothers invented the first successful flying machine in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Help the kids learn about flight with this fun Toilet Paper Roll Airplane Craft!
3. North Carolina’s state reptile is the Eastern Box Turtle. This adorable Egg Carton Turtle Craft is a fun activity for young ones!
4. Bees are an important part of the agricultural food chain in North Carolina. In fact, the state insect is the European Honey Bee. Make this Paper Roll Bee Craft!
5. The cardinal is North Carolina’s state bird. This simple Cupcake Liner Cardinal Craft is adorable!
6. The Applachian Mountains run through part of North Carolina. This fun Mountain Climber Paper Plate Craft lets kids make their own “climbing” mountaineer!
7. Cape Hatteras National Seashore is a huge tourist destination for visitors to North Carolina. Collect some beach sand and make this Sand Footprint Craft to remember your family’s trip to the beach!
8. Since North Carolina is home to several major universities, including the University of North Carolina, Duke, and North Carolina State University, college basketball is a huge sport in the area. Practice math with the kids using these Printable Basketball Skip Counting Flashcards!
Did I miss any North Carolina crafts for kids that you like to make? Let me know in the comments!