I just love this time of year — fall is in the air. And the first fun holiday is Halloween!
Make this Halloween Snack Mix to really get into the Halloween spirit if you’re looking for something you can whip up in under 20 minutes!
Plus, it is super-kid friendly. Kids will love helping to create this Crunchy Halloween Monster Munch with you!
Just be sure an adult helps with the stove top portion of the recipe. Melting chocolate can be very hot!
Send this in your child’s lunch box to score some serious awesome-mom points! Or, package Halloween Snack Mix in a cute little bag or mason jar to give out as Halloween gifts to friends and family.
Feel free to substitute ingredients if you don’t have these exact ingredients on hand.
For example, in place of the popcorn or pretzels, you could use any kind of cereal — toasted O’s, crispy rice, etc. Anything crunchy and somewhat salty would work.
If you don’t have candy corn, there are some Halloween-themed M&Ms in the stores now — you could substitute those for your sweet component.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
- 2 cups plain popcorn, popped according to directions on package
- 1 cup small pretzels
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- Combine the popcorn, pretzels, and candy corn in a medium mixing bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate morsels over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- When the white chocolate is fully melted, pour it over the popcorn mixture and stir gently until everything is lightly coated with the melted chocolate.
- If desired, sprinkle with Halloween or Fall-themed Sprinkles
- Let cool, and serve.
- Store in a cool place (the refrigerator works fine) up to 10 days.
Here are some of my Favorite Fall Sprinkles:
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon.
- Wilton 710-593 Halloween Nonpareils
- Wilton Skull Sprinkles
- Halloween Sprinkle Mix
- Wilton Bones Sprinkles
More Delicious Halloween Recipes:
Love this sweet and salty Halloween bark from Crystal and Comp
Enjoy, and have a Spooktacular Halloween!